Waiting for colposcopy biopsy result.

I’m just wondering if anyone can advise or reassure  me. I had an abnormal smear mix August, called in for colposcopy the following week, nurse took biopsy, I asked what she thought it was, she CIN3 and that the cells will need to be removed, and said to wait for results for confirmation. It’s been almost 5 weeks. Does this mean there is no concern? How much longer did people wait for results? Does this mean it’s drfinatley NOT cancer. I can’t help worrying. 

Im sorry I cant really help.

I had colposcopy and lletz 4 weeks ago now and still not heard anything! I rang the hospital this morning and they said results still arent back and could be another couple of weeks! 

very frustrating but i hope we both get good news very soon!! xxx

i was told 4 to 6 weeks before i would recieve my results i have just had a letter a little over 5 weeks later with a new appointment to discuss my results and further treatment. Been given no indication of what the results could be, i assumed the results would be on the letter. I know its easy to say but try not to worry they have back logs at the labs all the time i would say 6 weeks is probably the time round about you will get the results.  I am wondering if anyone has had their results sent in a letter though as i didnt. 

I am interested to know this as well - whether people got results in their letter. I also assumed I would.

I've been waiting to hear back for 4 weeks now, and interesting to read that you waiting over 5 weeks to be told you need to go in to discuss your results and further treatment - because all ive been told by my family and friends is 'no news is good news' when i know that isnt always the case. I hope you dont have to wait too long for your appointment, sending love.