Awaiting biopsy results

Hi,

I am new to this page although i read through the stories all of the time. I am after a bit of advise on waiting times for biopsy results....

My background is :

Aug 2016 age 29 CIN3 cells removed LLETZ and biopsies taken. HPV positive.

6 month check up, clear margins.

March 2018 colposcopy check up - Abnormal cells seen, biopsies taken. No tretament done on the day.

The last colposcopy was done 3 weeks ago and my worry is how long the results are taking. My results were back after just a week the first time round, so i am really worrying something has been found this time.

If anyone has had similar waiting times please could you share your stories with me. I suffer with severe anxiety and i am not coping well waiting for results :(

Thanks x

Hi Laura,

I myself am waiting over 4 weeks and its KILLING ME!!!!

in was told my wait is 4-6weeks and had lletz for CIN3 also....

I'm in Ireland so maybe our system is different than UK but just wanted to jump in and say that the wait really is a killer.

I'm hoping that if it was something serious that maybe they would contact sooner? Butvwhat do i know.

I dread the postman and numbers that u don't know calling me haha

Hi just joined today,been reading lots of stories . Trying to find one that's very similar to mine. 

long story short I've had CIN 3,three times now through smears and biopsies. 

Ive been in your position and have had all the anxiety of waiting for results. 

Results usually take 4-6 weeks depending on how busy the labs are. 

Give it 4 weeks then call the hospital,if  no luck call every week until you receive a letter. My advice. 

hope  you get your results soon.

Hi Laura

last Tuesday I went for my colposcopy and ended up having a biopsy too, I was told 4 weeks for results and am one week in tomorrow.  Waiting is the worst thing as it’s out of your control and you never know when the letter will land on the doormat.

I can’t give any pearls of wisdom on how to cope with the wait but I wanted to reach out and say you’re not on your own I’m on this waiting game with you

Gemma

x