Terrified about smear test (children mentioned)

Hi everyone,

wondering if I can get some advice/reassurance. I am 27 and have 2 sons my oldest is 8 and my youngest just turned 1. I was called for smears after having my oldest when I was 20 but never went as I was too scared. 3 years ago I was experiencing bleeding after sex which scared me so went for a smear. I never heard anything back so thought all was ok then a year latwr received a letter saying they didn’t get enough cells and I needed a repeat test. I was terrified and never went then I was pregnant with my youngest child. I am awdul when it comes to internal examinations when I was pregnant I had to use gas and air to calm me down. I was due a smear 3 months after having my baby which would of been last April but I didn’t get a letter about it so didn’t book it. Only recently I have been following a local girls blog on Facebook who has cervical cancer that it has made me book one. I have it next Monday but I am so scared I can’t stop crying and I’m worried sick. I have no symptoms except my last period lasted for 10 days I am on the Nexplanon implant which I know can cause irregular bleeding. I am always on google checking symptoms and expecting the worse. I dont know what to do I am so scared but I know I need to go for this smear. Any advice would be so much appreciated. Thanks x