Smear

Hi everyone I had my first smear last Thursday im 36 years old and have three kids. I kept putting it off as had a bad experience when I had my eldest. Since I had my smear I have been having panic attacks and can't eat or sleep as worrying about result. I don't know if I'm even imagining symptoms now since then too as I've never had a bad back before and now I do. So worried because I keep thinking if anything found it will be too late as never had a smear before. Can't stop crying and panicking when I think of postman with my result Xx

Hello fellow Jane (I am of the Jayne 'with a y' variety!).  First of all please try not to panic or worry because you will make yourself feel poorly and try to eat something.  Secondly don't google and try to think positive you have gone for your smear so you are in the system.  I hope you get a normal result which is what we all hope, I had normal smears until my last one.  It was very stressful and upsetting but the way the NHS dealt with it was excellent. Whatever the result please try not to speculate and enjoy the festive season.  If there is anything (according to this site 1 in 20 smears come back abnormal) it will be dealt with.  Hope you are ok.

Hiya so worried it wont be treatable though xx

Hiya so worried it wont be treatable though xx