Struggling badly

Hi , I posted last week as I have been having some post coital bleeding , the gp has referred me on a 2ww as she could see a white lump on my cervix . She said it was not a cyst or a polyp . I have spent all my days since googling and on this site . I guess what I’m asking is has anybody had the same and it not been cervical cancer ? There are so many topics with no updates afterwards . If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it x

Hi Shelgalou, while I of course can’t diagnose, I can tell you I’m in the same boat with the worrisome bleeding — and CIN3 was found — and therefore will be getting LLETZ next week. Have you been seen and prescribed treatment? Many will tell you to not “doomscroll” via Google as it will just scare you unnecessarily. Having said that, we all empathise with the fear and where you’re coming from. Xx

1 Like

Hi Ana I am being seen tomorrow, I’m so terrified and although I shouldn’t google it’s the only thing I seem able to do . I can’t find any other explanation for this anywhere and I feel like I’m suffocating I completely broke down on the phlebotomist today ! Poor lady . I hope that you will be ok I have had that treatment 13 years ago xxx

2 Likes

Shelgalou, You posted about this 10 days ago and a number of people replied, including myself - to try and reassure you. I’m glad the appointment has come round - you have sadly only worked yourself up into a state Googling and self-diagnosing - it won’t make any difference to the outcome. Please try to be calm at your appointment and let them do their job. We’re all here for you but we can’t tell you what the problem is as we’re not your doctors. I presume it’s a colposcopy tomorrow? Be warned the result can take a number of weeks and most ladies find the waiting intolerable, but that’s just how it is, unfortunately. Some areas have a quick turnaround, others take ages - don’t read anything into it, it’s just the way it goes I’m afraid. I hope your appointment goes okay and you can get your results quickly. Let us know how you get on.

2 Likes

I know and I am very appreciative please don’t get me wrong I’m sorry if I have offended x

1 Like