Strange smells

Sorry ladies but I don’t know where else to ask.
I am one week post lletz. I have the watery discharge along with random black bits which I think is normal. However the smell is somewhat unpleasant. I change pads frequently but it seems to make no difference and I’m paranoid that everyone else can smell it too!
I don’t feel unwell and I don’t think it’s an infection but has anyone else experienced this?

Hi

I had a discharge that contained a foul smell and was paranoid that everyone else would be able to smell it as I could, I was in the office at the time, no one mentioned it, so I’m hoping they couldn’t and i could smell it constantly as I knew it was there. As it lasted for a few days, I did call the doctors to query it, although I didn’t find very helpful as they wasn’t sure what to do, they did give antibiotics and booked me in to have a sample taken to check for infection, they asked me to hold off the antibiotics till they had the results back unless it got worse, which I did and everything came back clear, I think in total it lasted about 3-4 days then I just went back to the discharge and no smell.

I did speak to the consultant this week regarding it as I had to have another procedure and was concerned if it happened again and they told me to call them/there secretary if any issues.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I think I am over thinking but it’s just grim and unpleasant and I don’t think that anyone warns you about how bad it can be!

Completely agree it is not nice, it’s bad enough with the discharge, I normally wear tampons rather than pads so also had that to deal with.

They don’t warn how bad it can be.

Hope it gets better for you soon

I’m not a pad girl either so totally agree it makes it so much worse! I feel there are lots of things that I wasn’t warned about and seem to have more questions than ever! I’m so glad I found this site though as it has been totally amazing!

If you have questions and want to message me, feel free I will answer any I can.

I have found this site to be helpful as I didn’t know where to go or who to talk to especially when I don’t know anyone who had gone through what I am, and I’m trying not to tell my family my concerns as I don’t want to worry them till I have answers and know exactly what I’m dealing with and have.

1 Like