Sour smell 1 week after LLETZ

Hi Lovelies

Me again... Odd question (and definitely tmi - so sorry in advance)

I'm 1 week post LLETZ, have had minor very watery discharge for the most part, until two nights ago where I bled and flooded the panty liner, so moved to pads instead. Since then the bleeding has pretty much stopped, but i have had a light brown creamy discharge (that sounds so gross I'm sorry!), not been too concerned as it really is minimal, until today when I have bled again but the smell is sour. The discharge is also still present.

Its not an overpowering smell, i can't smell it at all until I go to the loo, then it is quite strong. The only way I can describe it is its a very sour smell...

Have any of you experienced this? 

Thanks in advance, sorry for grossing anyone out!

Em xx

Hi Em,

Give your docs a call and let them know. You'll be prescribed antibiotics.

I had an awful gone off cabbage type smell after my first LLETZ but had read on the forum that it was normal. So I didn't do anything and ended up with a severe infection.

After my second LLETZ I never had a single moment of foul smelling discharge, only a slightly metalic smell when the paste came out.

Please do give your docs a call and if you have any difficulties with them you can call your colposcopy clinic x

Thanks for the response and advice @Lemon Lavender.

I spoke to my GP on the phone and he thinks it sounds like an infection, picking up some antibiotics on my way home from work :-)

xxx

You're welcome. Hope you are better again in no time x