Spread in a few weeks?!

So I received 2 letters in post today.

1st was to my GP confirming what I already knew - 5cm grade 2 squamous cell, stage 2b cervix into left parametrium, bilateral iliac nodes involved in groin worse on left.

2nd was to my clinical oncologist saying - was grade 2 (sounds suspicious), bulky cervical tumour into both parametrium plus posterior vaginal fornix but not into wall, bilateral iliac nodes worse on left plus smaller uptake in common iliac nodes but not para-aortic nodes.

I know the stage hasn’t changed and treatment will be same, just a wider radiation field, just felt a bit shocked that it’s already spread in a couple of weeks between scans.

Thank goodness treatment is starting soon so I can get on with kicking this cancers butt before it travels any further!!!

Hi Rhea I'm just wondering if they were two different imaging types, 1 possibly a PET and the other an MRI as the disease could be exactly the same just the different scans pick up different things. I can't imagine there would be measurable spread in the space of two weeks. This is a very slow growing cancer by all reports. The radio should kick its butt. Sorry to hear your news it's always a shock. Try to stay calm as you are in for a roller coaster. I hope you have Drs you trust and treat you well. I have great faith in oncologists they know how to treat it. Jayne

I have reported Liliana for Spam. 

Thanks Jayneeeb,

You were right, it was just that after examination and pet scan more of the disease was found. Still not nice knowing theres more of it in there than I thought but panic over.

Oncologist and radiologist were great, really lovely and helpful and couldn't do enough for me.

Just waiting for ct now to mark me up for radiation then treatment starts a couple weeks later.

Do you mind me asking what stage you were to need the trifecta and did you have hysterectomy first?! xxxx

Hi Rhea I had radiation first Stage 1B2 after 3 months I had symptoms of recurrence but CT showed nothing then 6 months post I had PET and it had grown a lot. So then I had the hyster restaged to 3 something. Then had 6 months chemo cocktail followed by clear PET. It is unlikely that you will follow my path as I had Non HPV related cervical cancer gastric type. My oncologist has had 2 in 30 years so very rare. We are both nurses and I think it makes us more practical, I know throughout my treatment I was very curious how they went about it all. The worst times emotionally for me were between initial diagnosis and the commencement of treatment and post hyster when it dawned on me I had recurrence. It is only the last few weeks, 4 months after clear PET that I think I might make it. Shakes the soul really. 

Hi Jayneeeb,

Oh my goodness, I cant inagine how hard that was the second time around. So glad things are looking more positive now. 

Yeah, I think being in health care gives you a more quizical look at experiences. My oncologist told me I was the most well inforned patient she had met lol I do use google but only google scholar ; ) 

I hate this waiting, its naking me snappy and irritable. Feel like i am just sitting around letting the cancer fo what it wants. At least when i start treatment i will feel like i am being active then. Think its just cos I am still a bit bitter that this was missed during pregnancy and so I am months behind although will never know whether it wiuld have made a difference or not.

Hope had a good christmas and have a wonderful new year xxx