One week out from being diagnosed. Feel lost and broken,

I do hope you all are doing as well as can be expected.  I am two weeks post hysterectomy. Was told cancer at my one week follow up. 

I am five years post menopause. Had some bleeding and after a long while and  a lot of biopsies, high grade cells and HPV +  my gyn and I decided to do hysterectomy. Apparently, the cancer was hiding? I will see the oncologist next week. I had to have an outright fit on the phone with the drs office to get my path report and thats how I found the stage and all the other info. 

Im mortified. Path states tumor to be grade 3. not a large one at 2cm. but, its poorly differentiated and staged at 1b1. I had no lymph nodes taken but the report says negative for lymphovasuclar invasion yet positive for perineural invasion. My gyn said she isnt familiar with that, says thats new to her.. great! Path also states that the margins are clear BUT with less than 0.1cm clearence.  

Right now I am finding it hard to slow my mind. I cant sleep, hardly any appetite. I think Im just depressed.  Im sure I will at least have radiation. which scares me anyway. But I guess I'll do what I have to do.  

Any info or encouragment is so greatly appreciated! 

Also, Im not sure I am posting correctly Embarassed

I am absolutely shocked to hear your gynae hasn't heard of.perineural invasion. I would change your gynaecologist!

Don't worry about it being grade 3. I had it twenty years ago and I am.still here! It's only one risk factor amongst many and you have clear margins and an early stage on.your side. You don't mention a PET scan, I am wondering if that might be what they do next if you haven't had one. I am not sure if they would give you radiotherapy unless they think it's in the.nodes. 

Good luck,

Karen x 

If you knew half of what all shes done, it would blow your mind. I couldnt find a new one soon enough. Long story there. I see the onc. on the 7th. Ill be glad to get that done with.  IM guess she will order a PET scan. I thin rad is definite because of the perimeural thing.

If you knew half of what all shes done, it would blow your mind. I couldnt find a new one soon enough. Long story there. I see the onc. on the 7th. Ill be glad to get that done with.  IM guess she will order a PET scan. I thin rad is definite because of the perimeural thing.