Newbie (children mentioned)

Hi all I'm Lisa im 30 with 4 children 12,9,7 and 2. 2 days ago I was diagnosed with stage 1a cancer. I know that I'm waiting for ct and mri scans and that I need a hysterectomy but that's about all I know for now. So any more information will be great. 

Thanks for reading 

lisa 

Hi Lisa

So sorry to hear of your diagnosis but you have come to the right place to get all the help and support to get you through this.  I didn't have a ct scan, just a MRI which confirmed the stage that the consultant thought it was.

The hysterectomy wasn't as bad as thought it would be.  I took with me big knickers in a bigger size (tummy will be swollen), peppermint tea bags to get rid of the pain due to trapped wind and bloating post op, stuff to read whether it be books or mags and some nice treat toiletries.  Also loose nighties, much better than pj's for this, some loose jog bottoms to come home in and a pillow or soft cushion to put under the seat belt to protect your tummy.

It will be a case of slow and steady when you come home.  Let people wait on you and don't try and do too much. Absolutely no bending or lifting.  Little walks building up gradually.

The time will pass quicker than you think.  Its no walk in the park but just keep looking forward to the future and getting through your journey. You will get lots of help and support from this site, they really are an amazing, strong and supportive bunch of ladies.  Don't hesitate to ask us anything you want to know.

Big hugs

Cheryl,xx

Hi Lisa,  Welcome to us.  You sound positive, and that is great.  Was your cc picked up by a smear, or did you have symptoms?  I was stage 1b2, and ended up having chemoradiation.  I wanted a hysterectomy, but my tumour was too big, so ended up with chemoradiation instead.  If you are still waiting for scan results, how do you know the staging?  But, it seems that they are getting you sorted quickly, with is great.  The stage of waiting is the worst, once you have dates for your op or treatment you will feel so much better.

Keep us updated.

Love and hugs.

i don't think I really understand what's going on but from what I gather The biopsy that was taken contained stage 1a cancer. So as far as they are concerned they have it. They now need to make sure that it and it not anywhere else. They did say there was a lot of abnormal areas. they want to do the hysterectomy anyway. 

Thankyou so much for taking the time to welcome me x

Hi Lisa :-)

So sorry to hear of your diagnosis but very glad you have joined us here. It's not a tea party but probably as close as it gets :-)

Everything that Cheryl has said plus the fact that you will probably need to get the 12-year-old to pick up the 2-year-old as and when necessary for quite a while after your op.

Do please keep us updated on your journey, we are all here for you.

Lots of love

Tivoli

xxxxx

Thanks everyone for your lovely words and sorry I went quiet. My husband Got rushed to hospital with a suspected heart attack. It wasn't but we think stress related. 

He is at home now and I'm looking after him (only so he returns e favour haha). 

Thanks everyone for your lovely words and sorry I went quiet. My husband Got rushed to hospital with a suspected heart attack. It wasn't but we think stress related. 

He is at home now and I'm looking after him (only so he returns e favour haha). 

Good grief! You poor thing! That must have been just so scary! Sounds like everyone in your house needs to take the next little while gently and calmly. We are all here for you whenever you fancy a chat.

Be lucky

Tivoli

Hi Lisa

Hope things are going well with your fella - and of course you! This is my first post, just had the diagnosis this past wednesday. MRI and CT tomorrow morning will tell us more. So relieved the team at the hospital are getting these tests done as quickly as possible. The word shock doesn't quite cover it. I had a baby boy last May, so for the first time ever was late with my smear. Not what you want to hear in your first year of mummy-hood, and what a pesky waste of my last couple of months of mat leave-haha!

Will check back to find out how you're getting on. Best wishes

XLeila