Lymph involvement after hysterectomy?

Hey all! I am new to this forum, I've been watching from afar for 6 weeks now. I'm 25 years old. On June 23rd I was diagnosed with 1b1/1b2 adenocarcinoma. My doctor said the tumor isn't measurable yet so my staging isn't quite clear. My PET scan came back yesterday and the doctor said it showed no lymph node involvement! But from my understanding that doesn't show the whole picture, just any spread bigger than 1cm. Has anyone had their scan back okay, had their rad hysterectomy, and had lymph nodes show up positive after the fact? As in, the ones they removed did in fact show cancer after pet didn't? Thanks in advance!! Surgery is Aug 1st and I'm a bit of a mess as far as nerves. 

20/6/2017- colpo after abnormal pap

23/6/2017- doctor confirms cancer found 

03/07/2017- confirmed 1b1 adenocarcinoma by oncologist 

Hi jess

there are lots of lovely people on here that can offer different advice glad you have found this group. I also have the same as you , I was diagnosed 10th may , followed by a MRI which shown no evidence of spread .I was due to have a radical hysterectomy on the 27th June but unfortunately got postponed as I was unwell , the earliest they could get me in was the 26 th July .the last 3 weeks as seemed like a lifetime , hopefully all is well and I will have surgery next Wednesday . I did ask surgeon if waiting another 4 weeks will make a difference and he said that Mri shown no spread so he was happy to wait until I got well. I also am worried if it had been missed and has already spread to my lymph nodes . I was told I have to go back two weeks after the op for results . I hope all goes well with your op keep me posted and best wishes for a speedy recovery xx

Hi Jess

I had a mri and a pet scan which showed no spread to lympnodes so I had a hysterectomy and it turns out it had spread to 1 lympnodes so I had the chemo/rads as a precaution. 

Not ideal but the way I see it I had both treatments so hopefully that means I have less chance of it reoccurring.

Don't try to worry too much about it if it does happen the 2nd lot of treatment really isn't that bad and we will all help you through 

Keep us updated on your progress x

Hi hun,

My lymph nodes didn't show up either in initial exams. Had radical hysterectomy with both ovaries removed. 3 weeks later at my review it was discovered I DID have lymph node involvement. I then had to wait another 3 weeks ( 6 weeks pist op) before I could have PET scan. Had the results today and it has been confirmed in 7 nodes. Now waiting for appointment with oncologists. 

Goodluck with the rest of your treatment