Some advice and reassurance please!

Hi

so I had a colposcopy on Monday after an abnormal smear, Dr told me it detected cells in my cervical canal so she would need to do a loop biopsy to determine what they are, this has sent my anxiety into overdrive, I’ve even had to get some tablets from my GP to calm me down. I spoke to some family and felt a little better once going through everything,

but today I found my tracking of periods at the start of the year as I was spotting in between periods. What I didn’t notice is I’ve marked down on a couple of occasions I’ve had spotting after intercouse (I didn’t mention this at the colposcopy as I forgot it had happened) now I did go to the Dr about this initially but she thought it was mid-cycle spotting so advised me to track it, which is what I done but after a couple of months the spotting stopped and I had no more symptoms, the couple of times I spotted after intercourse I didn’t report to the Dr and I’m getting so worked up tonight about it. The 2 months of spotting before and after my period and after sex happened I picked up a sickness bug twice in 6 weeks and also had a renovation at home going on so was really busy, stressed and run down. I’ve had no problems since except for some back and pelvic cramping which lasted couple weeks when I had my routine smear in September.

so now I’m terrified what my results will say especially now I’ve been told the cells are in the canal which is uncommon apparently. I’ve been told my results will take 3 weeks, with not even being a week in I don’t know how to cope until then.

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, 

Sorry youre going through all of this stress. No words of advice sadly but just letting you know your not alone. Im also waiting for results having had a pap and they found a large 'polyp'. Looking back at symptoms (discharge, spotting, cramps, back/leg pins and needles and pain etc) I should have reacted sooner but felt like all I was doing was building it up in my head. I hope the 3 weeks pass quickly. I have one more week to go and the nights are killing me. Good luck x

Hi

After I received my positive smear test I started to imagine every symptom I'd ever had meant i had cervical cancer. I became hyper-sensitive to every ache and pain.

My biopsy showed only CIN 3 so I put any symptoms I had down to normal female hormones and the fact that i'm probably in peri-menapause. It's best not to worry too much until you actually have your results ( I know that is very difficult).

XX

Thank you for replying, both your kind words mean a lot and your right there can be several Possanijties of why I had such symptoms.

im going to head back to my GP tomorrow to discuss it, I know they can’t tell me anything but maybe just talking it through will help, and also get something to help me sleep.

thanks xx

The waiting is the absolute worst. I'm still waiting to find out about follow up treatment. The waiting seems to be never ending. 

One thing I will say is that I wish i'd discussed it with friends earlier. I was surprised to find one had actually been through the same thing. You will probably find your female friends very supportive.

Good luck with everything xx