So anxious of biopsy results

My smear came back with hpv and high grade dyskarosis, I had a colposcopy within a week, was told the cells were visible so had the LLETZ treatment there and then, I’m now waiting for biopsy results. Never been through anything like this I’m so emotional and anxious that my results will be bad, I’m 43 and have had 3 children I’ve been with my husband 18 years. Just wondered the out come for others in the same boat

1 Like

Im in a similar position although without the treatment for now as they wanted to have results from the biopsy to ensure they chose the best treatment option for my needs. For me this is all my first time having a smear, colposcopy and now awaiting the biopsy results. I was told that my smear came back for high grade cell changes (dyskarosis) too and from the colposcopy she deemed this to be accurate and that i will require treatment but she would just like to double check prior to proceeding with any treatments with a biopsy :see_no_evil: we can await our results together!

2 Likes

Hi girls im awaiting Biopsy results too tho i asked for Lletz regardless of results as im new to all this an so scared had it same day as colopscopy 4 weeks ago on Monday past waiting on these results has my anxiety through the roof how long are yous both waiting thats 3 of us in same boat big hugsxx

1 Like

Hi I’ve only waited 8 days and it feels like 8 weeks. I feel like everything is on hold just waiting. Xx

1 Like

Sames i feel i cant look forward or progress into anything without that niggling in back of my head anytime phone goes or letterbox goes the butterflies start only thing keeps me level headed is that this is all very common an so many women go through it i didnt realise that til i came on here an even people round me with similar xx

@Lawro79 did your consultant say anything bout what they could see etc xx

Just said the cells were visable so was going to do LLETZ there and then.

Awwwh dont i had two medical letter comes through with my hospitals name on it and it wasnt either. To say in some way relieved in others not so much is crazy! Im only on day 4 so peobably a long couple of weeks ahead ! :upside_down_face: It’s horrible because you want it fast… but the faster it comes, the more worrying :see_no_evil: lesrnt that the hard way with the colposcopy. " up to 8 weeks" for colposcopy with my results on a Saturday then on Thursday morning appointment letter, to come in not the up coming money but the following so like 7 working days… GP wouldnt tell me anything further than theres changes and i was luke look i know theres grades, what grade and still nothing. Part of me just knew after that, just had a feeling from how quick the turn around was yahno…

1 Like

Aww im same i want them an then i dont at same time :see_no_evil:yea well my consultant told me to give them 4 weeks but with backlogs etc 4 to 6 an that shed see me again in 6 months an not to be worrying as all she could see was very minor but im gona be honest its scared life out of me all of this so im worrying regardless i wasnt told a grade just very minor altho i didnt even ask! I think the pesky HPV was the problem an they wana see if its linked to the changes. I hope you get some reassurrance soon @Luna24 only thing i will say to you is if they wanted yours quickly removed id assume theyd have done it there an then that day so maybe it wont be as bad as your fearing i guess where all the same an were just worried its understandable :two_hearts:xx

1 Like

Hey! Yeah that is true for sure. Hopefully it was confirmed that i will definately need treatment but she did a biopsy to confirm the type. As i was told prior to going into it not treatment will be carried out today. Hense the worry as i was told prior to even going ahead with being seen no procedures wll be carried out… then told results are high grade, confirms sight of high grade and then ydah here we be :upside_down_face: but :crossed_fingers:t2:!!

Its such a stress i know all about it i suppose the only thing i cling to is to be thankful were being seen an getting things looked at course were gona worry but this forum is great it makes me feel im not alone in any of this cause i feel unless youve been thorugh it or going through it no one really gets it so this place has been great :two_hearts:xx

1 Like

Yes, so true! Out of the few i have told none have gone through this so its grest being able to relate to others on here, and even though we are in early stages and worrying beyond its nice to be able to give ease or support to others that had had prior to the colposcopy or even at minimum provide some clarity :blush:

1 Like

I totally agree iv learnt so much over this past month from this little forum an everyone is so lovely :two_hearts: if we can lift each other up it somehow can get us through it its like my safe place to vent my worries bout it all at minute xx

2 Likes