Smear test results

Hi can anyone help me understand my results. I don’t have an appointment until the 30th November and I am panickin. Thanks in Advance.

This is my report

Abnormal endocervical cells are present, the appeararances of which suggest origin from an area of cervical glandular intraepithelial neoplasia. HIGH RISK HPV detected.

Abnormalities are found in two different area. The sqamous cells (ectocervical) which is located on the outside of your cervix and the glandular cells (endocervical) which is located inside the cervix (the canal inside the cervix). 

Abnormalities found on the OUTSIDE of the cervix is called CIN. This is by far the most common area for abnormalities to be found. 
Abnormalities found on the INSIDE of the cervix is called CGIN (which stands for Cervical Glandular Intraepithelial Neoplasia which you'll see on your report). 

From your results, the abnormalities were found on the inside of your cervix. You've also tested postive for High Risk HPV. The abnormalities would have most likely been caused by the High-Risk HPV. I'm assuming the next thing they will want to do is a colposcopy to see if they can view these abnormalities and to take biopsies to see how severe (or not severe) the abnormalities are. If they decide to do treatment, they will either do a LEEP or a Cone Biospy. Cone Biopsy's are typically done for CGIN as these abonormalities are inside the cervical canal, they can be a tad tricker to treat. 

A lot of us have been in your shoes! The waiting is stressful, but just know that this is completely treatable and you'll be taken good care of! :) 

You have a rare abnormality called cGIN. It means some of the cells inside your cervix have become abnormal. There is either low grade or high grade cGIN. There’s much less info out there for cGIN than CIN. I had high grade cGIN and tested positive for high risk HPV. I had two LLETZ ops to get it all out and I am now clear.

Any questions just ask x

Thank you both so much for they reply. It’s the waiting round that’s the worse part. Well I’ve only got to wait until Friday but will update you both. Thanks again for the reassurance xx