Smear, colp and surgery all in under a month!?

Hi all
I had my smear test on the 28th Dec, results came back last week of high grade - severe abnormal cells
I had my hospital appointment for the colp last Thursday. They found 3 areas that looked abnormal and told me I would have to go in for a small op to remove them
I got the date for this today and it is next week, the 25th

Should I be worried that everything has happened so quickly, or is this the norm?
Under 4 weeks seems a bit ‘swift’ from initial routine smear test to surgery? :confused:
Maybe I am just overthinking things!? Am a bit nervous as I have never had a GA before so that’s a big step in itself.

Does anyone know what the pain will be like afterwards? I’ve been told I will only be in for a few hours after the procedure?

Kind thanks in advance, Jo x

I am guessing you will be in for LLETZ? I am going for one tomorrow under GA and I'm terrified. I can understand your panic. I have my last colposcopy December 14th. It was my follow up after my first dodgy colposcopy. I think it's good that they are acting so quickly, they want to get rid of it as quick as possible. Good luck next week. 

Good luck to you too!

I sway from thinking the worse case scenario to telling myself it's just normal procedure and everything will be just fine!! :) Laughing xx

I had my colposcopy 6 days after I received my smear results and had a loop / lletz biopsy done there and then.  4 weeks on still waiting for the results. I like was also high grade.

Think it's completely normal for things to move fast at this stage. It's thewaiting for results that hold things up! Arregghh!

Good luck xx

Thanks hun!

I can't believe how swift things have been so far. I am anticipating a 1 - 2 month wait for my surgery results. Torture isn't it!! :O