Sick with Worry

I had a smear test on 10 February and received my results yesterday. The letter said that I have borderline abnormal cells and a HPV infection. I have been referred for a colposcopy so just waiting on the appointment to come through now. This is my first smear at age 28, so I just wonder how long I’ve had an infection and how bad it could be and if grown into cancerous cells.

Lately my periods have also become a lot worse, large blood clots that make a splash in the toilet (sorry for too much info there :frowning: ) and also an increase in vaginal discharge.

I have a 3 year old and an 18 month old, so I’m feeling sick with worry! Has anyone experience similar symptoms? what was the result of your colposcopy?

Thanks for reading xx

Borderline abnormal cells means literally a slight change so I would try not to worry too much. Thats what I was told first time and I have CIN1 cells which is the lowest grade you can have xx

Borderline abnormal cells means literally a slight change so I would try not to worry too much. Thats what I was told first time and I have CIN1 cells which is the lowest grade you can have xx

Hi there. I am confused as my smear letter said abnormal cells but didn't go into detail as to mild or severe but just that I needed to go for a colposcopy. Did you discuss this with your doctor / nurse or was it all on the letter? I am confused as to why my letter was so vague and now I am waiting for my colposcopy to find out what the issue is. 

Hey, my letter was just a vague. Abnormal cell changes with no specifics.  I'm going to wait for the results from my lletz treatment and see if that goes into more detail. Until then though try not to worry and cross that bridge when you come to it x