Sex after trachelectomy

Hi,

I hope this is appropriate to post but I am struggling to find information or support in relation to sex after a trachelectomy. I am 14 months post op now and am so very fortunate to be cancer free at the moment. I have experienced a number of side effects from my operation including not being able to conceive as yet - we keep trying! I have found sex to be very different following my operation and wondered if this is just me or something others have experienced? Not too much detail but I seem to have lost a lot of sensitivity internally and it is having a big impact for us trying to get back to some sort of normal - I appreciate any shared thoughts or experiences as I know this can be a sensitive subject

Love to all

J

Hi JSW

I haven’t had the same experience as you (I had a RH + chemo-radio) but just to let you know that I have found some of the information and products from Jo Divine helpful in relation to sex. Here is a link to a blog on the Jo Divine website that might be of interest:

https://www.jodivine.com/blogs/sexual-health/when-sex-is-silent-living-with-cancer

x

Hi J,
I had a trachelectomy in August last year. Sex has not been painful for me, but I have lost some sensation and I found that very sad initially. Having no cervix means having no nerves in that area that I believe used to be a pleasurable area for me during penetration. Sex can still be good but undoubtedly different for me. Another small thing to deal with on top of all the other small things (period issues in particular) and fears that we have to deal with.
Wishing you lots of lovely sex and a positive pregnancy test soon.
Xxx
Katy