Severe dyskariosis. How long did it take for biopsy results?

Hi this is my first post. Just looking for anyone with a similar experience to talk to.

Im 37, 4 children. Last smear 4 years ago was normal, had smear in Jan that came back with severe high grade dyskariosis and was booked in for a colposcopy with a consultant and possible LEETZ if able.  So I’ve been for that today and he said he couldn’t see any area to treat. He’s taken 4 biopsies and I’m now having to wait for the results to determine the next step.  I’m completely puzzled as to how I can have severe Dyskariosis but no visual abnormalities at colposcopy.

has anyone any experience of this and what was the outcome?

thanks

Hi, yes it can happen. My smear result was high moderate but during the colcoscopy the consultant couldn't see much or any area of concern so he took 2 biopsies which came back showing CIN1! To my disappointment the doctor wasnt convinced by the biopsy result so they retested my smear sample and confirmed it was CIN2 :( Had the lletz done this week and I am now waiting. So this is just to say that if your biopsy comes back showing a lower severity they might retest your smear again because they don't like to see discrepancies in the results or invite you to another colposcopy but hopefully you will get reassuring results. My biopsy results took 5 weeks to come back.

I had the same smear said high grade severe dyskaryisis but on coposcopy he didn't see much biopsies taken which confirmed cin3. Results came in about a week and a half. Had my lletz Thursday just gone. Hope your results come back quickly for you x