Second colposcopy in an immense amount of pain

Hi I’m new here, but not new to colposcopy and biopsies. This is the second year in a row I’ve had to have colposcopy and this time I had two biopsies. I’m passing more tissue this time but I’m assuming it’s because I have more area to heal. My big question is this/

Last year I only hurt for a day and barely even spotted. This time the pain seems to be much worse. My lower abdomen is cramping worse than ever and my lower back man it’s killing me. I am wondering when I should call gp and whether this is normal? I am menopausal but it feels like one of my old horrendous cycles. Thanks for your time and replies

it is Saturday and I had biopsies on Tuesday 

Hey, 

I think it's normal to experience some pain but if you're still in pain so many days aftwards I'd call the doctor tomorrow just to rule out infection. I'm not medically trained so it may well be fine, but I would personally call. X

Hi Tori,

While I don't know the reason why it got more painful, and I don't want to write it off as 'normal' (always make sure to double check everything with the nurse/doctor) my first colposcopy and biopsy went pretty smoothly like yours, and the next two I had were awful. My third one I was so sure something was wrong, the pain was horrendous! You're definitely not alone there, I'm not sure if maybe it is because there is some scar tissue built up that reacts differently the second time around.

Let us know how you get on, I'm sure everything is just fine.