Scared!!

Hi everyone, I’m not really sure if this is the time to be posting as I don’t know much yet but you all seem lovely and I know when my daughter needed open heart surgery the forums were my saviour so I just wanted to come on here about me! I went today to the clinic as I wanted to talk about new contraception. I last had the implant but I had a light period throughout and always bleed heavily after sex. They did a screening today (I had a clear smear test a year ago) and the lady said I have an ectropion which is nothing to worry about but that she can also see some abnormal cells and my cervix isn’t all one pink colour? She is going to refer me for an colposcopy and I am terrified!! I have a daughter who is four and all I can think about is her and how I want to watch her grow up!! I have seen on the Internet tonight that if the group of cells can be seen by the eye then if they are cancerous it is pretty far along?! I’m sorry if I have wrong information here for all of you who have actually been through the worst and I am guessing but I’m so nervous. She said it could take up to 2 weeks to get an appointment through, is that quite a long time if it is CC? All your stories have really been of help already and put me at ease a bit already thinking about the future. Thank you in advance, Sophie x

Hi Sophie

I'm new to this forum as I only got my smear results last week and have a colposcopy tomorrow.

I'm afraid I don't have any advice other than to try to stay calm and keep away from Google, let's see what the colposcopy says and go from there, has your colposcopy been booked yet?

Autumn x

Hi Autumn, 

Thank you very much for your reply. I am sorry your going this difficult time but it is nice to not feel alone isnt it.

I have everything crossed for you for your colposcopy.I am waiting to hear when mine will be.

I was at the sexual health clinic when they said they would refer me, I went about contraception and they said they would do a swab and bloods and everything while I was there, luckily they did as the Dr saw all the abnormalities on my Cervix. They didn't say anything about grading dyskaroyis but maybe because they were only looking with their eyes? The Dr went to get the consultant and she looked for a second and said yes defiantly referre! Terryfying isn't it. I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Sophie x

Hi Sophie

The waiting around is the hardest part in my opinion. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long until your colposcopy.

I'm home now having been in this morning, the dr (I'm in Bristol, England) was really good and explained everything and asked if there are abnormal cells would I like the procedure to remove them now or come back another time, I chose now. I then got onto the chair with legs in styrups and a blanket on my lap. She showed me my cervix on the screen and said the abnormal cells would be white,  a fair bit turned white which freaked me out a bit and I told her I didn't want to see the screen anymore. 

i had a few injections of local anesthetic (first one smarted a bit but after that it was fine. The whole thing probably took 40 minutes which is longer than normal as I'm a "bleeder" and my cervix decided it wanted to keep oozing. 

Dr said it takes up to 5 weeks to get results of biopsy back  and if it is anything more sinister than she's fairly confident she got it all. 

I'll kee checking in to see how you are, id definitely recommend finding something to take your mind off it xxx

Hi Autumn, 

Thank you so much for taking your time to reply today after what you have been through and for explaining everything to me, I really aprechiate it. 

I am so glad that part is over for you but I agree, the waiting is horrendous so I hope this 5 weeks goes quick for you. Please keep me updated if you can. 

I am hoping to get my appointment date through soon, I just want to get it over with! 

I hope that your not in too much discomfort after today. 

Sophie x

Hi Sophie

Hope you are ok? Have you had your appointment letter through yet?

Autumn x

Hi Autumn, 

It's good to hear from you. I haven't had the appointment through yet but I spoke to the department who said they had recieved the referal and I will hear from them soon. I can't stop going on Google which obviously doesn't help! 

How are are you doing with the agonising wait? 

Sophie X 

Hi Sophie,

Hopefully you won't be left waiting too long for the appointment Xx

i'm doing ok, I work part time and my working days are a lot easier as I'm too busy to think "when will I get my results" all day. 

I've come across loads of positive threads on here so whether it's good or bad news I know I can get through it.

Autumn x

Hi Autumn, 

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't see your message, not sure if I can get notifications for them? 

How is the wait going? 

I have my colposcopy on Friday. I'm so nervous. I have had stomach cramps like sharp ones for 3 days since having sex now so it's made me even more worried!! 

I hope your okay, 

Sophie x