New to forum, so worried!!!

Hi all, so glad I found this website after the month from hell. I'm 24 y/o, a parent. I went to my local GUM due to bleeding after sex, the doctor then referred me to gynaecology oncology ( that's what it said on letter). I literally had a heart attack reading the letter, oncology!!! anyway had my appointment and had a colposcopy there and then which I had no clue I was having. Nurse said my cervix was bleeding quite a lot, she took biopsy and I have to go back in 2 weeks!. She did say she didn't see anything sinister but I'm still worried. I haven't had a smear before as I have been refused due to being under 25 and I've had post colital bleeding for maybe 6-8 weeks. has anyone else gone through something similar? I'm convinced I'm really sick and it's stopping me from living my life normally . 

Nicole xx

Hiya. Im also new. Im 25 and a parent.Im no expert but didn't wanna read n run. My first smear result meant going for a coloscopy and I had to have loop treatment straigjt away (LEEP I think its called). Im no expert but from what the nurse saw she probs wasnt overly concerned if she didnt do treatment there and then. I know it scary but try not to worry. X

Thanks for your reply. Yes I hope its nothing sinister. After my colposcopy she gave me an appointment for 2 weeks time. Im just scared as she has gven me an appointment so she must think it is definatly something. Im confusing myself and Im so worried. 2 weeks feels like 2 years :( 

xx

The waiting is defo the worst. if you do need treatment its not as bad as it sounds. Good luck n hope everything is ok x

Hi Nicole how did everything go?x

Any update please? Xx

Hi @Gracej22

I’m not sure if you are aware, but the original post was made more than 8 years ago, so you may not receive an update here. The original poster didn’t ever post any updates or further information, so has hopefully been getting on with her life, but it’s hard to know when people don’t come back on the forum. x