Scared Mum

My smear has showed some mild and some moderate abnormal cells. I have my coloscopy next week and I've had burning and itching (down there) Dr said is bv or thrush caused by antibiotics I also have back pain I'm terrified I have cancer.

Hi

I had my results back a few week back and it came back with border line changes and HPV 

I don’t have any of those symptoms you’ve mentioned so it could just be that the doctor said. 

Good luck for next week x

Hi Haillie-Hope

Thanks for your reply :). Ive been looking through symptoms and these dont seem to be related to cervical cancer. Ive just got myself wracked with worry. HPV wasn't even mentioned to me. Just minor/moderate cell changes. Hope all goes well with youx

Sorry Haillie just noticed what borderine meant I'm absolutely hopeless with this stuff Foot in Mouth

You should get told at your colposcopy appointment if you have HPV as usually that’s what can make the cells come back as abnormal (so I’ve been told) 

Thank you :)

its so hard to not look at google about it all! It’s driving my partner mad as all I get from him is “be positive” easy for him to say it’s not him going through it ey, when in reality I’ve got upset so many times over it, just wanting everything to be ok! X

Have you had your coloscopy appointment yet?

It is so difficult not to google but I understand the emotions range from "I got this im fine" to " I'm falling apart". I guess that is normal until we know exactly what is going on. 

Nx

Yeah I had mine last Tuesday!

Now waiting on my results which could take up to 4 weeks, I’m a bit concerned about my post though as I haven’t had any for the last two days and a couple week back I wasn’t getting any at all! My daughters school rang me up regarding several letters they sent out and I never got them so I’m hoping this letter doesn’t go missing x

My first appointment letter went missing in the post. I would've had the coloscopy done last week had it not! Give it a bit longer then maybe give them a ring.

Fingers crossed for you

Nx

Yeah I’m going to! Postman usually comes around 10:30 so I’m just waiting around now before I do anything to see if he brings anything. 

Thank you and fingers crossed for you as well :) keep us updated x

Just an update had coloscopy today was a very small area so she removed the cells (I didn't see what she was doing but think it was a lazer thing) said was moderate and 99 percent sure all will be fine but still have to wait on biopsy.x