Results

Hi

Starting to worry now, received my colposcopy and loop excision results today, 

It says... the results show adequate treatment of precancerous cells (doesnt state which cin of if margins were clear or not) then says there are some features within the report which i wish to discuss with you further and an appointment has been made for me. Anyone else had this? Sorry dont know where else to turn ☹xx

Hi Groovy. I had my results by phone yesterday and was told that the loop biopsy has shown only CIN1, despite my smear suggesting CIN3 and CGIN. Bit of a weird one so they're discussing it at their multidisciplinary team meeting in Feb and will let me know what they decide. I haven't had my letter yet but will see what it says. Wonder whether something like that is going on with yours? It's not great that they've put such little info in the letter and left you hanging. I find sometimes the letters they send out aren't very considerate of the psychological effects of going through all this! Try not to worry though - it's good they've said adequate treatment, and pre-cancerous rather than cancerous cells. In my book it's always good to have an appointment because you get to talk things through in full and ask all the questions you need to! So make sure you've written down all your questions in advance :) Good luck and try not to be too worried xx

Thanks for the reply Kate,

I couldn't wait another 3 weeks for my appointment to get answers so i rang the clinic. Luckily one of the consultants was able to give me a call back. It turns out it was cancer stage 1a, not really sure how i feel at the min. He said hes not my consultant but remembered from the mdt they think they have removed it with the lettz. The letter is so confusing, he said there were a lot of abnormal cells removed along with the cancer. I asked about the margins and further treatment but he said that will all be discussed at my appointment. Xx

So sorry to hear this, what stage of CIN did you have? In any case, it's good they caught it at an early stage.

Im not sure which stage cin they removed, the letter just stated pre cancerous cells. Im hoping i get a bit more info when i go to discuss in person. im still a bit confused and dont think its sunk in really although that will prob change after my app. I do feel lucky it was discovered very early tho xx

So sorry to hear that :( but as you say it's good they've found it early. From what the consultant said it sounds positive so fingers very much crossed for you when you go for your appointment xx