Results

I had my smear test on the 16th of January 2017 by the 18th I had a letter for an colposcopy appointment, while i was there the dr decided to take a large biopsy as he wasnt happy with what he could see he then told me i would more then likely be waiting 4 weeks for my results exactly 2 weeks to the day i recived a letter to say I have an appointment to see the gynogolist at the next available appointment which is the 14th February. I rang everywhere i possibly could to try find out my results and noone will tell me over the phone, I am going out of my mind!! Has anybody else had this im so scared something is wrong and i have 2 small children. I really dont know what to think!! Should i prepare myself for something bad. Sorry if this is confusing anyone but im in bits..

I would be grateful for any advise 

Hi Katie:

It does seem as though you are going to need some treatment, but at this early stage it's impossible to know what. Could be something as simple as a LEEP when they nuke some abnormal cells and off you go. If you need more than that they'll tell you at your meeting. If the worse possible scenario occurs - they've found some dodgy cells which are cancerous, then there is still straightforward treatment they will sort out for you. Cervical cancer is very very treatable and cureable, although of course, you will worry yourself sick until you get the all clear. 

Try not to cross bridges until you come to them. I know that's hard, but try. Go to your appointment, see what's going on and then get back on here so we can all support you and answer your questions.

Take care,

love t x

Hi

I would just like to say I know how scary it is waiting for results. I think Teresa may be right as they wil want to discuss in person anything they may have found but she is right it may be some CIN that has reached a higher grade. Let me know how you get on. Sending hugs x