Results-confused

1. Hi all

This is my first time posting on this site. I have been reading posts on Jo’s trust for a couple months now and find this site very helpful.

I'm looking for some advice or for anyone who has been in the same situation.

28.01.2020...my second smear results came back as high grade severe dyskaryosis. Results took around 3 weeks. 

04.03.2020...colposcopy appointment CIN3 confirmed lletz treatment needed. Was in too much pain and discomfort I was asked to come back and have the lletz treatment under local anesthetic. 

25.03.2020...had the lletz treatment and biopsy's taken. 

03.04.2020...antibiotics given due to infection from procedure.

13.04.2020...swabs taken as still in doubled over pain almost 3 weeks after having lletz, still bleeding.

14.04.2020...after all this I ring the hospital for advice they just said to carry on taking pain relief.

They managed to find my results as still not received them in the post. 
High grade on my smear and CIN3 confirmed at my colposcopy. Yet biopsy results confirmed no sign at all of any CIN. Now I'm unsure if I had lletz for no reason or if they haven't removed what they should have?

HELP I'm so confused has anyone else experienced this?

thanks in advance 

Jem x

Hello Jem you will see from my history that there is a discrepancy between my original smear result of CIN3 and my lletz result and that I am therefore being monitored more closely. Another reason for this may also be my age (over 50) and they think the menopause may have given a false positive. I am not medically qualified but I think there is also the possibility some abnormal cells may remain further up. Each individual case is different and the best thing to do is to ask your hospital team about this. They are experts in their field and will look after you.

Hope you get some answers soon

A