Recurrence of CIN3

Hello All!

Five years ago I had LLETZ treatment after diagnosis of CIN3. My consultant told me when I asked if it could return, that it would be highly unlikely. After a late smear (due to Covid restrictions etc) I went for my smear and received the results today. HPV and severe dyskaryosis. I have an appointment for colposcopy in a week.

Today I have felt sick with worry. Surely its return means it is more severe than the Dr thought? I am so upset with myself for leaving it for 2 years before having my smear, in light of the previous treatment. Has anyone else had a recurrence ? And what was the outcome?

Many thanks, ladies. This site is a godsend.

Dawn

Hello so sorry you have to go through this again after 5 years. Please don’t make yourself feel guilty about the 2 years late this pandemic has turned everything upside-down I was also late for mine and on top of it I ignored some signs that something was not OK. Good luck and I hope you get treatment soon or maybe just small cell changes that can go away by themselves. Just a question did you tested negative for HPV after treatment? Or you were always positive?

Hi, thanks so much for your reply. Yes, I did test positive for HPV and subsequent smears after. Did you have abnormal cells? I hope you don’t mind me asking.

Hello yes I had treatment Lletz done last May forCIN3, going to 6 months check in a few weeks, I had a 3 months check because margins were not clear but they didn’t find any abnormalities then . For what I been reading it seems that the only way to be 100 % of not getting this again is to test negative. That is why I was asking if you tested negative after Lletz or you were always positive, I stopped smoking and hoping that will help test negative :crossed_fingers:. Good luck let me know how you get on

Hello again

I went today for my colposcopy and was told it is definitely CIN 3. I am going to have LLETZ again under general anaesthetic in two weeks. The Dr reassured me though to the eye, there was no evidence of cancer. I was so relieved. It’s been such a stressful time for me.

I hope your smear goes ok and all comes back clear. If you could keep in touch, just to let me know how you go on.

Good Luck

Hope all goes well and Lletz can sort it out,you must be relieved that doctor said no cancer. my appointment is getting closer and feeling a bit anxious about it now :grimacing: but hopefully if it was okay 3 months ago still OK now keeping my fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:. Let me know how your Lletz goes :blush: