Recovery after lletz

hi, I’m new. I had my lletz procedure nearly 5 weeks ago. I had watery/yellow discharge for around 4 weeks then brown/black/red blood for the last week. I’m still bleeding now and it’s really getting me down. The doctors told me that I couldn’t have sex, swim or use tampons for 4 weeks but bcuz I’m still bleeding does that mean I should wait a bit longer? is it normal for recovery to take so long. I go on holiday next week too so I’m hoping it stops soon. Tia x 

Hi Tia, I am not a doctor but i would assume recovery takes different time depending on the size of the area treated, and just generally different response people have to these things. I would think it is pretty normal and nothing to worry too much about. take care

Tia I’m exactly the same, I have no idea when it will all be over. I have a couple of days with nothing and then I randomly bleed bright red blood for no apparent reason. It’s driving me mad too, I just want to get on with my life, and still I’ve had no results from the Lletz procedure nearly 4 weeks ago.

i just wanted to let you know you’re not alone in what you’re going through and also the way I’m looking at it is that, although this is a terrible time, it is only a few weeks of misery and discomfort to be able to understand and treat our condition, rather than not knowing until we are years down the line and potentially facing something far worse.

I hope you are on the mend soon and can get back to normal xx