4 weeks after LLETZ and still bleeding

Hi all, I am wondering if anyone had the same experience. I am 30 years old and I had my LLETZ done 26 days ago. I had a brown discharge for about 10 days which later turned into bright red blood with a bit of clots. Now, almost a month after the procedure I am still bleeding and it doesn't look like it wants to stop. I went to see a doctor in the meantime and they put me on a course of antibiotics to prevent possible infection. 

I also had some pain for a couple of days, but nothing too terrible.

I am getting sick of this bleeding and I am losing hope that it ever stops. What was your experience and how long did you bleed after LLETZ?

Hi Alex, 

I started a facebook support group for people with long term issues after LLETZ because there are lots of problems with the procedure that doctors do not inform us about, (or even in some cases have any awareness about) 

I know there are a few women who have mentioned having bleeding for a while afterwards, so you might want to ask on the group. It's called Healing From LEEP/LLETZ 

In many cases, I think that it can take us longer to heal from LLETZ than is expected, so hopefully it will stop soon! But I'd get things checked out with a doctor if the antibiotics don't help. 

I had my lletz 3 weeks ago today and am also still bleeding and on antibiotics to rule out infection it’s really starting to get me down now! Xx

Hi there. I’m in a similar situation. 

Since it’s been over a year since this post was started, would any of you ladies mind sharing how your experience ended up? 

I had a very similar procedure done and I’m still bleeding at 4 weeks. I’m starting to lose hope i my condition will go away. 

Hi,

i had the procedure 4 weeks ago and I’m still bleeding. I bled originally for a couple of days then it was of a fluid (sounds gross I know) then dark bleeding so at this point I went to the doctors and they prescribed antibiotics incase of infection. My bleeding eased but the past week it’s been brighter again and doesn’t seem to want to stop. I’m getting so fed up with it and feeling rubbish. I’m ringing the doctors again tomorrow. I hope your feeling better and it’s good to see it’s not just me because it can be worrying!