Lletz recovery time?

Hi all, I'm stressing about my lletz which is next week. Just wondered when everyone felt alright again after it and the bleeding went away? Any positive stories would be a bonus! My smear test was over 3 months ago so I feel like I've had all this build up and waiting, I just want it over with

Hi Kmb1,

From what I've seen on the forum recovery time varies from being okay to go back to work after a couple of days to in  rarer cases two weeks. 

I hope that helps x

Hi,

I had the LLETZ the day I was due my period, my period started the day after and just included the odd black bit from the LLETZ, I had abdominal bloating and tenderness for around 5 days afterwards but still was able to work. I received my results after 2 weeks (was sent as urgent) luckily my results where CIN3 with clear margins (smear was high grade moderate) so not all quick results are bad.

i hope your colposcopy goes ok and you have a quick recovery 

Thank you both! ??

Hello,

I had Lletz in January 2021. I was very stressed on the day, but it wasn't actually that bad - I certainly didn't feel any pain (and was awake for the procedure). I was able to go home straight away. For the next few days I had some light bleeding (and various variations of discharge which apparently is normal after lletz!), but felt fine. Then on the 7th day or so I suddenly had heavy bleeding (really heavy, completely out of nowhere) which scared me a bit but it went away that same day. From then on everything went pretty much to normal. I went back to more strenuous exercise 2 weeks after the procedure and had no problems. 2 months later and I feel 100% back to normal.

Hope this helps!

I had colposcopy 4th Feb 2021, was back to work next day, had bloating and period pains for q0 days, heavy bleeding about 5 days after. Just received results by phoning after 5 weeks as cin 3. Wasn't told clear borders just told review of treatment in 6 months. 

Colposcopy itself wasn't too bad, painful with local aneasthetic going in. Feel more normal now, still waiting on next period but can do things I was doing before lletz procedure x

Hi, i had the procedure today, i was told that i could get symptoms for up to 4-6 weeks, i did start to bleed but not much after about 1 hour! The start of the procedure for me was a bit traumatic as i was so nervous and getting myself overly stressed but i has two lovely nurses with me as well who helped calm me down, i was given a local anaesthetic which made my legs shake a bit but apparently it was normal but once i was over that i was fine , hope your's goes well xx

Thanks everyone ? I will say it was pretty horrible but mainly because the speculum was far too big. Only a tiny bit of discharge since and I've been out for a long walk both days so let's hope it stays ok!