Recovery after letz

Hey , had lletz under GA Monday passed for CIN didn’t say a grade so now awaiting results … Basically been told nada about recovery , when I got home Monday had darkish discharge on pad that disappeared next day , had watery weird colour stuff lol cramps on & off , last 2 days more blood than discharge , bright red then it tapers off so on off not constant and not soaking pads I just change pad every time I go to the toilet , ive got a smell … :confused: it’s not horrible , similar to th smell you get when on periods? Is this normal ?
Also I was due my period when I had the letz and still not came on ,does the procedure delay the period if due ?
And I’m panicking about my results , hardly eating , crying everyday , I’ve gave up smoking too and actually proud , sorry to rant on , I’m just scared , are we always garanteed clear results from smear after lletz & options about hysterectomy

Hi sarah_91 I had my lletz on Thursday and feel really crabby tbh!

my grading was CIN1 however I've been attending colposcopy for 4 years with this grade so they wanted to get rid and to check it.

i can understand your anxious about your results but I have read (a lot) and believe lletz is 95% affective but I wouldn't be too alarmed by the grading.

i have so worries about how I am feeling after lletz especially when most people are saying they were straight back at work(!) I've been so tired and same with a bit smelly and lots of backache and cramping, I was so worried I called the number given to me last night and said perfectly normally but to ring my gp Monday morning to obtain a fitnote as I need to ensure I rest.

i am not sure about your period however if you're really stressed this can delay your period too. I hope you're feeling better today xx

Hey thanks for reply !

id of loved to take time off haha im a full time mum of 4 so school runs etc and walking :)

its an anxious wait on the results ,I just hope it's all clear for you & me both !:)

do you know when a bath is safe to have ? I've just been using shower since procedure so for 1 week no soap etc just washing with water not inside incase I cause infection but absolutely dying for a nice hot bath !

x

Hi Sarah 

I had my 2nd letz today and was told no swimming or baths for 4 weeks. Last time they said 4-6 weeks. It's to minimise the risk of infection. 

Hi guys in just asking how the Letz is, I have been told I'll need treatment an I think that's going to be what I have but I'm so scared of how painful it will be. I found the biopsy ok except the panic attack. But now I'm terrified I'll bleed to death having this after seeing a story on here about a woman who bled so badly she was hospitalised.