After Lletz-normal or not?

Hey everyone 

So after 6 years of countless smears,colposcopy appointments and biopsies,my cin 1 abnormal cells were graded to a 3 and they decided to perform the lletz on me.Very small area,not too concerned.It wasnt as scary as I had it in my head,bled for a day,barely any cramps either so I thought I'd got it nice and easy

However anyone else agree they just dont give you enough information for afterwards?

All the doctor literally said to me was you're going to bleed for a bit and expect a clot to come out.No exercise for a couple of weeks and in her words Nothing is to go up there for at least 4 weeks....once again I thought great nothing to worry about then

Well I'm now on day 5,I've got a watery light brown discharge,small brown/black specks when I wipe which thanks to this site I know is normal.But I'm adamant theres a smell following me around...dont seem to smell it when I go to toilet and wipe,but I'm sitting here and i can smell something,the only way to describe it is like a musty unwashed smell?its making me paranoid and I'm showering morning and night and I'm changing my pad hourly even though there's barely anything on it but I'm so worried people think I smell!!!

Is this normal or a sign of an infection?

Hi Kirsty

I totally agree the information given afterwards is pretty crap!

The brown watery discharge sounds normal,also 10-14 days after is a apparently a very common time to get cramps and bright red bleeding (like a heavy period). 

The smell you have may be a sign of infection. Now this might sound a bit grim but when you go to the toilet are you aware of the discharge smelling? If so it’s likely an infection. Might be best to see the GP xxx

Snap I’m exactly the same I’m on day 10 post lletz and I was talking to my mum yesterday and asked her do I smell constantly, iv been changing often and like you showering day and night , I seen a post yest that it’s something normal to have a slight smell but if it becomes really offensive and become unwell to contact the gp as it could be an infection, I agree at the lack of information given afterwards too thank god for this site it’s been a god send at times x

Hi Kirsty,

I had severe dyskariosis and high grade CIN 3 abmormal cells found following my first ever smear. I had the LLETZ quickly and literally had the same symptoms you describe. It was like the smell followed me around but was really hard to explain what it was. I quickly booked a doc appointment and was found to have a severe infection (despite me doing everything they asked me to do or not to do!) I was on antibiotics and the infection cleared up quickly. Please book a doc appointment just in case and hope all goes well in the future xx

1 Like

Hi Kirsty,

I had severe dyskariosis and high grade CIN 3 abmormal cells found following my first ever smear. I had the LLETZ quickly and literally had the same symptoms you describe. It was like the smell followed me around but was really hard to explain what it was. I quickly booked a doc appointment and was found to have a severe infection (despite me doing everything they asked me to do or not to do!) I was on antibiotics and the infection cleared up quickly. Please book a doc appointment just in case and hope all goes well in the future xx