Recently Diagnosed HPV+ and CIN 2/3

After less than three years since my last normal PAP, I went in February with no worries and was told the results came back ASCUS and HPV+. I had tried to schedule a colposcopy ASAP but because of COVID-19, it was already delayed by a month. That was canceled and postponed for another few weeks. 

A week ago, I went in for the colposcopy where they took 4 biopsy samples and didn't really tell me much of what they saw. The doctor said it was lighting up a little bit after brushing the cervix with vinegar so I wasn't super concerned. The procedure itself wasn't too bad, but I did have some anxiety over it so my mother sat in the room with me. (I would say post colpo was worse and gross).

A few days went by and the doctor called me this last Monday to tell me that they saw CIN2 and 3 on the samples. By this point in time, I read so much about it that I knew what it meant but still was very frightened at how it could be at that stage after having a PAP be ASCUS... and a normal PAP just a couple of years prior!

A LEEP procedure is scheduled in another week, but I am worried. Any other ladies with similar experiences?

For some background information, I am 30 years old, do not smoke, but have had a few sexual partners in the past. All my PAPs have been completely normal my whole life. 

I am scared they'll find cancerous cells after the LEEP and keep going back and forth between feelings of hopefulness and depression. I'm trying to think of this as my body saying "Hey! You gotta relax and take better care of me!"... but it gets really difficult to accept.

I'm at a similar stage to you. I'm 32 and had normal smear results all my life. I went earlier this year and referred for a colcoscopy just over a month ago and diagnosed with HPV+ and CIN3 ☹️. A fairly large area of cervix was removed and now I've received a letter saying I've got to go back for re-assessment and possibly further treatment - not sure why! 

Like you, I've never smoked and only had a small number of partners. Definitely a rollercoaster of emotions! 

I hope it all works out smoothly for you. 

Hi there

I'm 29 and my first smear was fine. My second one found hpv positive and borderline changes last year and I've recently had biopsy that shows cin 3. I'm due to have LLETZ on Wednesday. 

I'm scared too, I feel like it's progressed really fast. And that worries me. If anything though, it shows how common this is. I have really bad health anxiety as it is and all I can think is "what if they find cancer" "what if I don't get to see my children grow up,"

It's a horrible feeling we all understand too well. 

Wishing you all the best for the future x

Hi ladies

In a similar situation to you all, CIN2 and I have my LLETZ tomorrow. Anxiety is through the roof for what they’ll find when the cells are tested (and for the procedure itself) but I think it’s really unlikely that they’ll find cancerous cells if they’ve already taken samples via biopsy.

Wishing you all well with your treatments this week. X  

God. This is my exact feeling right now. My last biopsy May 29. The tissue wasnt able to be processed and they wanted me to wait 6 months.. I have hpv 16 and 18. If I wait 6 months I might not be around. It depressed me they dont really care to redo the biopsy instead they lazily rely on my last pap from a YEAR ago that was lsil 

I too am afraid I have cancer. I feel my life is over. Im struggling.

Sending you virtual hugs. 

If it's any consolation, I think it is highly unlikely that you have cancer and they wouldn't risk leaving you for six months if they had any inkling that you could be at risk of developing it within 6 months. If it's really affecting you, could you speak to your GP and see if they will refer you for another colposcopy? I would also call your clinic and see if you can push for another as they didn't get an adequate sample last time.

Sending you well wishes x