Scared and waiting

Hi everyone,
Firstly, I’d like to say how amazing I think you all are - I’ve been reading these forums for a week or so now and they really have helped put my mind at ease.
I had my first smear 3 years ago just before turning 25 and all was fine. I got the results of my second one a few weeks ago, and they were abnormal - mild dsykaryosis and positive HPV. I had my first colposcopy today and thought it would make me feel less freaked out but I’ve left feeling even more in limbo.
The doctor started the colposcopy by assuring me that my smear showed very mild changes that were nothing to worry about, but during the exam she said she thought the changes were probably CIN 2. She did one biopsy and said I’d find out in a few weeks if it was CIN 2 or not. She said if it is CIN 2 she will see me again in 6 months, but if it is CIN 3 I’ll have to come back sooner so she can take some more cells from me. I assume she meant the loop but I didn’t ask and she didn’t specify.
I went in hoping I was CIN 1 and now have come home convinced that I’ve got cancer - how likely is it that the biopsy will find that? Especially as I had a normal smear 3 years ago, can it develop that quickly?
Hopefully someone can put my mind at ease - I’m a very anxious person and suffer from depression so this is quite difficult for me to process/handle. I haven’t told my family as I don’t want to worry them unnecessarily. xx

Hi there, it is extremely unlikely that you have cancer. The doctors and nurses that do colposcopy's are very good at assessing the CIN level. I honestly think that you shouldn't worry. The odds are massivlly in your favour xx