Previous CIN 3, LEEP Procuedure but now testing negative on pap smears but positive for HPV

Hi All!

I recently went to the gyno for my yearly check up and got some troubling news. After researching online for hours I have had a really hard time finding people that have had a similar experience to me and wondering if anyone has gone through what I am now and what the result was. 

I had my first abnormal pap smear in 2015, then had 2 bioposies with HSIL which led me to make the decision to have a procedure done because cervical cancer runs in my family. Flash forward a year later in May of 2016 and I had a LEEP performed. My margins came back clear by .07 cm after having CIN 3. I had a pap smear 6 months later where they performed a coloscopy in several areas just to be safe, these came back as CIN 1 (this was not of any concern to them) however, my pap smear came back clear. I have had 2 pap smears, one every year as recommended since. All three of these pap smears have been normal which was such a relief. Although my most recent pap smear came back normal, I received a positive test result for HPV 16. My doctor has recommended that I come in for another coloscopy. I am freaking out because I do not want to go through what I did before. I am only 24 years old, unmarried (been in a very long-term relationship) and we would like to have kids some day. My concern is that she is going to find something else, causing me to continue this cycle again and again and not being able to conceive or hold a baby full-term. I know I should put my health first but this is very important to me.  

Has anyone experienced something similar to me?? I know I cannot be the only one who has experienced this before. 

Thank you in advance, I truly appreciate it! :) 

Hi!

I was also sent for a colposcopy after being diagnosed with HPV, I went to my doctors to ask why and she said it was simply procedure to go down that route if you are high risk as a double check. It is also good to have so that they can see how your cervix has healed after treatment. Try not to panic, they are keeping an eye on you. Going through tests is the worst, I put off going to the doctors now after going through all this which isn't healthy, and like you I am only in my mid 20's and want to be healthy for future babies! Take all the appointments and tests they give you and chances are you are fine :)

Good luck!

Jodie x