Really feeling alone awaiting results

Hello everyone. I’ve been quietly reading this forum and it’s helped hugely but now I’m ready to talk. I’m three weeks into waiting for my lletz and biopsy results and I’m scared, sore and feeling alone. It doesn’t seem like anyone I know understands the worry or stress and as though I shouldn’t still be complaining about pain, bleeding (thankfully the charcoal phaze is over but now I can’t tell if I’m bleeding, having my period or what) and I am wondering how long to leave it before phoning the hospital. I’m so tired and stressed. It’s all I think about.

Hey :)

I'm 4 weeks after LLETZ treatment, the bleeding is starting to reduce and the pain has gone, hang in there! I had LLETZ on the 20th of June and I got my results letter on the 16th of July so hopefully you should get yours in the next week. Hope the results put your mind to rest, I understand how you're feeling it's so difficult X

Thank you for your reply.  Just ran for the post but nothing again today.  I also think I'm a bit mixed up with things and so I'm not even sure what happened at my colposcopy but all I know is the waiting and soreness are terrible.  I'm going to work and trying to live as normal but it all just seemed forced and fake.  I have a day off today and can't motivate myself to do anything.  Do you have those days? I think with depression on top it's a very hard time to handle.

I was the same, every day when the post come I would run and check if there was anything for me, then when I finally got the letter with the hospitals address on the back I was too scared to open it, I actually felt sick! The worst part of this is the way it makes you feel, no one warns you about it and it just felt like I had been hit by a bus or something. I used to be really active, but now most of the spare time I have is spent alone and I just have no motivation so you're not alone. Reading the forum it helped me to realise that it wasn't just me feeling depressed, it's probably one of the hardest things you'll have to deal with. I really hope you get the results soon, the waiting is awful, maybe wait another week then call them. 

Thank you very much.  It's just nice to know that I'm not overreacting or being dramatic and that it is genuinely a difficult wait.  I'm sorry you're going through the same thing and hope you get some good news very soon!  I will try to wait a week longer before I start pestering the nurses x

Yeah at first I felt like I was stupid for feeling the way I did, but after finding this forum it's clear that so many people struggle with this wait and process. Thank you :) good luck with your results x

I'm feeling the same, this waiting is awful I'm getting down and teary, forcing the happy face to world when inside I'm scared and alone. 

you  not alone it seems a lot of us are in the same boat 

5/7/16- adnormal results from smear 

11/7/16- lletz and biospy 

awaiting results 

It's really hard isn't it?  It's only been three weeks today but with each day the wait seems worse.  I feel teary at times too and I go from hoping for the letter to glad it didn't come and back again every day.  I just want to know what to expect in the coming months.  I hope you have good news soon x

Ive been up and down some days I'm all good thinking its most likely nothing to worry about then others all I think of is its cancer. I'm on two weeks of waiting and its killing me just want to know ? Fingers crossed you hear soon and it's good news keep me updated? x

I keep telling myself 'No news might be good news' then panicking in case the letter is lost or something.  I forget about it for a while at least but rush home for the mail.  Meanwhile I'm on a pad an hour and wondering when that will calm down.  If only I leaked fat like this haha x

It's hard not knowing what your own body is doing just hope we both get out results soon and can relax more.