Awaiting lletz results and side effects

I had my smear test on November 3rd, got my results 10 days later through the post confirming positive HPV and high (severe) cells, and had my colposcopy booked for 24th November, so only a few days ago I had my appointment and lletz procedure. Feeling emotional, bloated, and no longer bleeding but having heavy discharge. The hardest bit is not having a bath now, but I'm trying to take things easy and concentrate on recovery rather than stress over what the results will say. This site has helped me learn about things I never expected to experience and I'm greatful to all that post. They said at the hospital that my results should take 3/4 weeks. Is anyone else in the same boat right now? X

Hi there, I had my lletz procedure carried out yesterday after moderate abnormalities ongoing for the past few years.  I'm feeling relieved that it's all over and am trying not to worry myself silly waiting for the results.  I've felt quite crampy today and a little bit sore but not too bad.  Look after yourself and recover well.  I agree that it's so lovely to have the support of others here xxx

I've had two LLETZ now both under general anaesthetic. The first I bled for a while and the second I had no blood then heavier bleeing for nearly two weeks which now has stopped. Both times belly ache similar to period pain but not exactly the same. And it seems to come and go. I haven't had a bath since the summer and I really want one to relax! 

Emotionally I've been to the moon and back! It's awful and the anaesthetic was worse the second time - you might not have had that I hope not. 

Its so scary. And you wait, and it fades away then you get the letter to go in and find out and it kicks off again. But you're in a screening process and they are checking you're okay so hopefully it'll all be fine. But scary is it! Have you got family/other half etc to support you? My hubby is ace, he is really good at just holding me when I cry and not trying to make it better or shut me up or cheer me up. It's scary. just plain scary. be kind to yourself and cry when you need to. But fingers crossed it'll all be fine for you xxxx

Hi,

Im waiting for my LLETZ weeks now and I cannot say I lead normal life since i found out i will have it :( absolutely terrified and feel sick when I think of them doing it?

Could you tell me, I have CIN3 ? and they said they will have to cut deeper, 1cm or more? isnt it a lot for first time?? I just feel sick they will remove so much of my cervix, and what if it comes back and i have to have it again but they removed so much first time??

Im sorry, im really really scared like never in my life

I had my lletz under local anaesthetic,and asked the ladies not to show me the screen or tell me what they were doing as I'm squeamish,so just concentratd on my breathing and tried to distract myself with thinking about Christmas dinner lol. Now I'm waiting for the results I wish I knew exactly what they saw and did while I was in there. It wasn't painful,just the speculum was more uncomfortable for me than during my smear. I think it was because I was positioned in a chair, and not lying down, and because of the position of my cervix,was uncomfortable for me. Everything else I did not feel. Waiting for the results I feel prepared for everything after reading stories on here. We are all strong and can handle anything life throws at us xxx

I'm in the same boat, been almost 3 weeks now since my lletz. Had discharge at first, bleeding started about day 10 ish but almost stopped now. Still awaiting lletz results but feel no news is good news. 

katie x

I had my lletz 2 days ago so I know i.havent had a long wait yet. But I had an abnormal smear result a year ago, I had 2 appointments canceled due to covid.and  moved twice so had a years delay having to keep registering and moving so I'm concerned that leaving it so long might have caused things to progress. Iv had no symptoms and didn't get told much about the severity, just that it needed doing and they would.contact me with results in max of 2 weeks. Reading everyone else's stories I'm concerned they have seen something bad and are rushing it through hence saying very little to me. Its all I can really think about.