Reaction at chemo,again!

Hey ladies
So I thought I was doing good during my 4th chemo today…wrong. 10 mins left of final flush and I felt the heat coming from my toes,ended up red and rashed in seconds. I have never seen so many nurses and drs in the one place at the same time. They filled me with piriton and checked stats (which were all fine), and decided that its magnesium thst is causing it. So now they reckon that my final chemo will be more than likely cancelled next week.
On the plus side,my brachy has been brought forward a week so am now starting next friday. I shall have completed everything by the 27th october. Beats my original finishing date of the overnight stay on my silver wedding day haha!
This has actually flown by,and thanks to you ladies for keeping me motivated. You are all stars xxx

So glad you won't be celebrating your silver wedding with brachytherapy - that would really have taken the biscuit! Hope the rash isn't debillitating!

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Hi

that must have been the event of the chemo ward that day! So, weird how things can just appear out of no where and suddenly the world is spinning.

No worries if you miss the last chemo, many ladies cannot complete the whole chemo menu and they are fine.

Glad you will be done before your anniversary. Hope that today will be a great day. 

The end is near!!!! 

Yep, confirmed today that I had my last chemo. I am not too bothered as I know it's the rads that are most important. 

Have any of you ladies had your hair turn several shades lighter with chemo? I noticed this week that my natural colour ( I have red and blonde highlights), has gone from auburn to golden blonde. Xx

Well I have a lot more stray greys then before but mostly treatment brought out the reddish undertones in my hair. However my hair does feel very different, it is not as silky as it was it is way more coarse. I've been doing lots of conditioning but it doesn't seem to help. I've also noticed this week I have a lot of little baby hairs popping up. 

Ah Brucie near there girl!! 

Mad for hair, I've noticed grey...stress grey lol

Take it easy xx 

I am definately turning blonde haha! Mine seems to be much softer tho,yet another way this affects us all in different ways. How did your appointment go last week Lolli? Thankyiy Michelle xx

Hi hin

my appointment went as well as it could I suppose. I had a physical exam and dr said he did not see anything suspicious and he is sending me for my first post treatment MRI. I'm just waiting for the call for the appointment.

i actually feel really well, I'm actually scared that I feel so good. Oh how the cancer messes with your mind. I actually said to the dr that maybe the treatment didn't work cause I feel so good. My bowels are back to normal and I have lots of energy. I'm going to go back to work November 1st. 

Ive been reading a lot about oxygen therapies and how they help restore tissue after radiation so after the all clear from the MRI I will do some of that. 

other then the odd sore hip day I feel better then I have felt in a long time.

thanks for remembering my appointment. 

Hugs. 

Aww thats good news for you,hope the scan confirms it as well. I feel the same as you about treatment not working as I feel so well(ish). no real bowel issues,i have never been sick either. I do have a slight hearing loss,and taste loss tho. And newly blonde hair haha. I shall have a wee look at the oxygen thing,sounds interesting xxx 

About your hair I lost all of mine and its now grown back thicker, curly at the ends and darker than before and also a lot softer and shinny! Suppose it's because it's new hair xx