Rash! (Very embarrassed)

Hello ladies,

I'm new to the forum - been reading since I was invited to a smear and found everything very reassuring, so really hoping you can help.

I had my smear in September and was sent a colposcopy appointment for the 8th October. Despite the colposcopist being grumpy and seeming to have abandoned all bedside manner, I've survived, still waiting on results, but in the meantime, I'm stuck wearing sanitary towels while the discharge does its thing.

I'm hoping it's just the towels, but I've got myself a lovely rash round the back and something resembling a blister on my flaps. I'm pretty sure it was a blister as it popped when I gave it a prod (bad idea I know, but had to see what it was as I've had herpes in the past and I'm terrified of it popping up again) I've doused it in sudo creme and it seems to be going away, but is this normal?

I'm considering calling my doctor, but the rational side of my brain is telling me that it's because I've been wearing towels for a fortnight and there's probably been a fair amount of friction down there.

I'm also worried that it's because I've not been able to have a bath - I just don't feel clean after a shower. Is it a hygiene thing?

Anyway, very sorry for rambling - I hope someone out there has some answers.

Thank you in advance!

Manda x 

Towels always make me sore and irritated and I have swapped to cotton only ones from health food shop. Much better, as no sweaty plastic and irritating plastics. Also I bathe in bicarbonate of soda when have an issue. After lletz I was told I could use bath but I waited a week and just showered 

That's a good idea, never really thought about the materials in towels. They sound much more comfortable too!

I knew bicarb was a wonder, but didn't realise you could bathe in it, will have to give that a go.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the advice, this rash is driving me mad!

Manda x

Hi, could it be a shaving rash. With hair re growing that causes itching and the blister due to an in growing hair?

Hi! 

I am in a smiliar position, 5 days since my biopsy and the towels are driving me insane!! I put some bepanthan on the area today (just a little and only on the outside!) and that seems to have helped! 

Think I will be trying cotton towels too, so thank you for posting this! 

:)

I did also get a tip to use extra virgin coconut oil down there as its soothing and antiseptic, can also use it all over the body as moisturer. I do get thrush when I'm down or taking antibiotics and it's supposed to help with that too. Plain yoghurt is cooling too, although it's not thrush your having trouble with it might just help calm. You can order the pads on amazon too if you don't have a health food shop. I try and get decent soft loo roll too with no fragrance and apparently the cream stuff is better as not bleached to make it white which can irritate too. To be a woman hey! Men don't know how Easy they have it! 

That's possible, I did get rid of it all before the procedure! Will keep an eye on it! X

Ooh that sounds good, I didn't think to use an actual nappy rash cream (it's mortifying to think about having nappy rash as an adult)

Thank you, hope the results come back with good news :)

Haha oh yes I'd love to be a bloke right now! 

Thank you so much for the tips. Don't know what I'd do without this page, honestly! 

X

No problem hope it helps! I feel your irritation literally!! 

Hi girls, BRILLIANT thread! I imagine lots of ladies are going to read this and have a light bulb moment. I have had the itch for 2 months now and it was only reading this that I realised it was probably because of the towels. Going to swap to the organic natural ones, and also going to try a barrier cream. So a big thank you from me. 

I'm gutted in a way though cos realise too that I've had a bit of a problem with this for years and wish I'd thought to do something about it before! I've probably just had my last period ever!!

love, Mollz xxx

I'm glad my being clueless and paranoid is going to help someone! 

Best of luck with your op, I hope it goes as well as it can x

Thank you! Hope all is well with you too.

My friend had a baby on Saturday which was a surprise, not least to her as she didn't know she was pregnant! But I was picking sone bits up and it just occured

to ME to get some for myself! Has been a life saver! :) 

Thank god for this forum

its been 2 weeks after my lletz and I’ve been wearing pads day and night and I recently discovered itchy and bright red skin down my whole butt crack but not my vagina. I’m assuming it’s caused by wearing pads So much

ive been using coconut oil and now on sudacream because it’s so frustrating and whilst less itchy is still very red 

hoping I can stop wearing the pads soon!