Radical hysterectomy, thigh pain

Hello, 

I've tried searching and I don't think this had been asked before. Apologised off I'm repeating.

I had a radical hysterectomy and lymph removal just over a week ago. Recovery is generally going well.

My left thigh however is painful to the touch, more akin to a bruise/skin abrasion feeling than a muscle pain as I can move my leg fine, but it is sore to touch. 

I'll mention to my medical team, but was wondering if anyone else has had similar. It isn't swollen so my gut instinct is that it is more likely to be nerve related than lymph related, but I'm just guessing. 

Thanks for any ideas.

It's incredibly early days. It will almost certainly pass as you heal.. If it doesn't pass after a good few weeks ask if you can try amitriptyline. I found it very helpful for nerve pain.

Karen 

Thank you, that was my feeling about it too :-)

Hiya :-)

This is absolutely normal for such monstrous surgery. It will take your body time to get used to what has just happened to it but that will happen, don't worry.

Try to relax into your recuperation and try not to push yourself too hard. Six to eight weeks at least!

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Hi, 

I had the same, it is early days as menioned, I remember a tingle in my thigh too. I went to my GP and asked for physio. he laughed at me ( in a nice way) and told me to recover patiently. I know at this point you think you will never recover, but you will. I'm back at work now, back at the gym and running around after my children, 12 months post surgery and 11 months post treatment. 

Be kind and patient to yourself. 

N x 

Thank you, it's already got a lot better :-)