Problems 2 months on.. HELP

I had my colposcopy, laser treatment and LLETZ in the beginning of December. I stopped bleeding on the 7th week, prolonged anyway. Anyway on this week I had sex for the first time, bleed slightly and then 2 days after bleed quite heavily. I’ve been trying to contact the hospital multiple times over the last 3 weeks, with no luck. They haven’t called back after messages left by myself and the gynaecological department. Which personally I find unbelievable that you have the procedure and just left to deal with it all alone. I’ve been back to the doctors twice. They’ve just given me Tranexamic acid, with no examination? Is anyone else experiencing such problems? Because this seems to be going on for so long, and I wasn’t warned about any complications before I had the procedures. 

Thanks in advance!  

It is shocking that they aren’t answering you! If it was me, I would call 111 and explain to them - with a bit of luck they will send you to the gynae department at the hospital.

Both times I had to go back and have silver nitrate put on to stop the bleeding. Sometimes the scab comes away too early so you bleed too long. After 6 weeks of bleeding I went to my dr who transferred me to hospital. They say you can bleed for 6 weeks but no one tells you how much! I had to take iron tablets afterwards and needed a blood test to check I didn’t need a blood transfusion! It was just like a heavyish period but because it had gone on so long they were concerned.

So definitely keep trying to get in touch, you need to be seen as sounds like it needs sealing off again. Try 111 and explain you can’t get in touch with colposcopy so can they send you to gynae, otherwise take yourself off to A&E.

Sending hugs, good luck. X

Are you based in the UK? Maybe you should try going to your GP and seeing if you can get a referral to a gyno if that’s the case. They should definitely not be ignoring you! 

I did have longer term issues after my lletz. I started a Facebook group for women dealing with problems called ‘healing from lletz’, for anyone dealing with problems that are ongoing after the 4 weeks when we are supposed to be better.