12wks Post LLETZ, PLEASE HELP.

Hello,

I have Lletz treatment on 10/09/12 which was followed that evening by silver nitrate treatment and then a cauterisation of my cervix as I was bleeding very heavily and nothing they did stopped it! I came home the following day still bleeding heavily which was normal. I was told the bleeding would calm down and eventually stop (2-4 weeks). 12 weeks and 3 days on I am still bleeding! I have been back to Colposcopy today to have another colposcopy and also more silver nitrate treatment. The surgeon tells me he cannot see where the bleeding is coming from however for 8 hours today the bleeding stopped but at 9pm I started bleeding heavily again. I have no infection, both my Dr and the surgeon have checked and have said there is no sign of infection. The colposcopist said today that I have to take these antibiotics for 2 weeks and if the bleeding still hasn't stopped then I'll be back into theatre for another cauterisation of my cervix. If my cervix isn't bleeding then why would they cauterise it again? Has anyone else had this problem? I would like to opt for a hysterecomy to be honest, I've had both my children and do not want anymore. 

I have had no answers from the hosp today whatsoever. It's clear the silver nitrate treatment has set the bleeding off again but not a day in the past 3 months I have had a day of not bleeding (heavily). It's getting me down that no-one has any answers, even the surgeon and colposcopist are stumped which is worrying. Could this be a sign of early onset cervical cancer? I have CIN3 removed via Lletz under general. 

If anyone can help me it would be appreciated.

One scared lady xx

Hello, I’m so sorry this has happened to you. My situation was different as although I bled for 4 weeks after LLETZ it stopped naturally. But I didn’t want to read and run. It sounds like something wasn’t quite right from the start if you needed further treatment the evening of your LLETZ. Are you being treated on the NHS? If so, I’d suggest you ring your GP on Monday and speak to them if you can’t get an appointment same day. Explain what’s happened and that they seem stumped, and ask to be referred to another gynae for a second opinion because you’re really worried. If they are convinced the bleeding isn’t coming from your cervix, have they suggested doing further investigations (ie womb/period related)? Another doctor could take a look at your situation and offer their opinion. It’s something you’re enttled to. Lots of things can cause bleeding, it may just be that your cervix hasn’t been properly sealed and is taking a lot time to heal, but it’s really important someone can get to the bottom of this for you. I don’t know if this is any help, but I wanted you to know I’m thinking of you x

That sounds a long time for bleeding? I'm worried because I have had NO bleeding after LLETZ is that normal. ( 6 days ago)

I don't know how to start a new post so I thought I would write in here...I recently had a lletz procedure to remove some tissue I felt ok that day afterwards and have been feeling ok but now I am starting to get really bad cramps in my stomach and have been getting a lot of brown colour discharge and its quite smelly I have never smelt down there before not sure what symptoms you get after having this procedure maybe I will look it up thanks Katie ;)