Pregnant with CIN2/3

Hi,

I recently had biopsy results which showed that I have CIN2/3, although it only looked like low grade changes at the colposcopy.

I have another appointment in a couple of weeks, and the letter said that treatment may be needed. However, I found out today that I am pregnant (very early days).

Does anyone know what is likely to happen now? I’m still going to attend my next appointment and let them know that I’m pregnant, but I was wondering whether they are likely to go ahead with treatment or not? And if not, what might happen instead.

Thanks.

I’m pretty sure that they won’t treat you until the baby’s born

I’m U.K. and I remember them saying before my treatment are you definitely not pregnant because we can’t treat you I wasn’t obviously but they won’t even smear you until the baby is born so very unlikely but they will treat you quite soon after the baby is born x

1 Like

Thank you - I didn’t think that they would. I’ll have to see what they say at my appointment about monitoring it during pregnancy.

I had CIN3 in 2017, I was 6-7 weeks pregnant. They did some punch biopsies to confirm. I continued to visit colposcopy every 8 weeks for them to check and do more biopsies. I went on to have a healthy, full term pregnancy. I went back 6 weeks postpartum for a follow up smear/biopsies x

2 Likes

Thanks, Dougal. It’s good to have an idea of how it will be monitored during pregnancy. Did you have treatment following the 6 week postpartum check?

Hi, when I went back at my check they told me the cells had regressed to CIN1-CIN2 so I had no treatment and went back 6 months later, it was then CIN1. My last smear was clear!

1 Like