Post LLETZ traumas!!

I've just been back to the docs today for more antibiotics after my swabs have come back... Seems I have 2 infections!! Just what you need when stressed out waiting for results too!! Is it me or has anyone's health professionals given them the full ins and outs and risks of the LLETZ?? I've fainted once with the infection and nearly again today... My doctor says it's very common to have done form of complication?! So I'm really quite fed up now, I'm pretty much bed ridden as if I do too much I almost faint, then I have the issues of the results of the LLETZ when my consultant was so negative about what they find.. Has anyone else experienced all this?! Feeling deflated! :( 

Hi I didnt get the faint feeling but I went back to docs and had infection from lletz..kidney infection. .and skin Infection down there so know u feel..I felt ever so rough.hope u feeling better soon xx

Hi Dilly

It's a nightmare, isn't it? I had ridiculously heavy bleeding after mine, went to the GP who gave me antibiotics and told me to check with colposcopy on the monday, who then told me it probably wasn't an infection and that my heavy bleeding was just my period, and was normal! Well, if it was normal I certainly was not prepared for it, I thought I was going to bleed to death!! Thankfully my bleeding stopped really suddenly after about 9 or 10 days and I am now having my first proper period post lletz, which, so far is normal. Fingers crossed.

I am still waiting for results, but this was the worst time for me as it was a constant reminder. Anyway, I can't really help but just wanted to agree that we should have been better informed!

Thanks both of you.. I'm glad it's not just me!! I feel fine when I'm resting then I do a tiny thing for me and nearly collapse... and the pain is very bad.. doc thinks I've got a urinary infection too Marie! It amazes me that they don't warn us... the LLETZ was the easy bit!!! x

Hi Dillydot it's really shocking they don't always make you aware of the risks...my consultant didn't even tell me she was doing LLETZ until after the treatment! My friend who went for a colposcopy was given the option but was also told it could cause problems with future pregnancies so she decided not to do it unless absolutely necessary.

I am so annoyed at these people, they also managed to send my results to an old address where I haven't even been living for over 2 years, and they have sent them to my old GP who has had nothing to do with the whole thing. I have managed to retrieve the letter now and it says that it was CIN1 and from reading up on it LLETZ is unnecessary in that case.

Sorry to ramble on, but such incompetency is unbelievable.

Hope you feel better soon Dillydot! There are a lot of natural remedies for urinary infection. I think one of them is drinking cranberry juice and another is to eat eat yogurt that contains "live cultures", I think it usually states this somewhere on the label. Not sure if or how they work, but worth a try maybe?

And take time to rest and try and relax.

XX

Ok. Im confused now.

What are the risks of a lletz? I thought it was a straight forward thing?  The only info I left with was that if I bleed heavily to call a number and the small leaflet?  

The leaflet I got after my LLETZ treatment stated the possibility of infection and that the risk of miscarriage in a following pregnancy is higher due to the cervix being weakened. x

Edited to correct information::

The information in the loop leaflet is very vague and doesnt mention miscarriage and doesnt go into detail about infection but there is a bit more information in the colposcopy clinic booklet I recieved in my first letter.

It's a kidney infection!! No wonder I feel so crap!!! The LLETZ was described to me as a little treatment... I looked it up on nhs and realised a little treatment could be anything... Due to the discomfort I was in I ended up having the LLETZ by GA.. I know I'm at least CIN3 possibly worse but was never told the risks/what to look out for etc. we are all educated people and the nhs should treat us as such!! They even sent me away from the LLETZ with just a colposcopy leaflet.... I've been very ill for over 2 weeks now... my brother is a GP in Australia as he was disappointed working for the nhs... He says if we voice our concerns now then they will have to do something, not just discussing it on here but writing to gps and hospitals to voice our concerns... It's just annoyed me, not being told the full story.. :(

It's a kidney infection!! No wonder I feel so crap!!! The LLETZ was described to me as a little treatment... I looked it up on nhs and realised a little treatment could be anything... Due to the discomfort I was in I ended up having the LLETZ by GA.. I know I'm at least CIN3 possibly worse but was never told the risks/what to look out for etc. we are all educated people and the nhs should treat us as such!! They even sent me away from the LLETZ with just a colposcopy leaflet.... I've been very ill for over 2 weeks now... my brother is a GP in Australia as he was disappointed working for the nhs... He says if we voice our concerns now then they will have to do something, not just discussing it on here but writing to gps and hospitals to voice our concerns... It's just annoyed me, not being told the full story.. :(

Oops think my phone just went lala!!

Think only risk I was told of was of infection. .and told signs tp look for...aww at least u know whats wrong :) I had to go back with mine as needed stronger anti biotic but fingers crossed u feel better soon..and get plenty of rest xx

Hi, I was disappointed with the information given after my lletz too, I also had an infection after. I was more disappointed with the very vague results I received. No mention of margins not what cin it was just that they were 'hopeful' it was removed. I rang the hospital and found out it was cin3 (she told me they keep it vague because they don't want to confuse people who don't understand) and I then requested a detailed version of my results which I'm waiting for now. I hope you're feeling better soon xx

I got really good information about the LLETZ as I was getting it done and what to expect afterwards. That said they didn't mention the odd smell which I gather lots of folks get a few days after. They mentioned bleeding, infection and increased risk of pre-term labour in future pregnancies. The consultant was very frank however and said that the necessity of risk of the current situation was far greater than the risk of possible labour issues in the future. He talked through what he was doing as he went along and it didn't feel at all strange having a man with ridiculous goggles looking at my bits :p

The chief complaint I had about the whole process was hearing nothing for 3 weeks after getting the smear done then suddenly getting a letter including the phrase "very abnormal" and "urgent appointment" a week later. What a way to put my mind at ease and make me not worry about what's going on, eh?!