Post lletz swelling

Hi 

I had Lletz treatment yesterday for cin3. Quite a bit of period type pain last night but felt pretty ok today, just a bit delicate. Bit more pain this evening and noticed when I wiped after taking a wee that I was rather swollen, very tentative investigation concluded swollen inside too. I’ve had a search through the forum posts and can’t find anything relating to this. So just wondering if it’s normal? It stands to reason that it would be, after all I’ve just had quite a bit of trauma down there! And there was an issue with a bleed that wouldn’t stop during my treatment so I had quite a bit of extra anaesthetic for a few attempts at cauterisation.  

I’m not thinking it’s infection as treatment was only yesterday, just wondering if it’s normal?

Thank you in advance for any wisdom

xx

I also had a huge amount of pain too, but I had a real issue with them Getting the speculum in and some bleeding after. It felt very sore and bruised for about a week but then when down. I hope yours feels better soon x

Hi Ashlydia

Thank you for responding :)

I hope your next Lletz treatment is successful in removing everything. It must be a very scary time for you. 

Hope you're feeling better now and less tender! 

Hi

Yes I am, thank you. Swelling went down after 2 to 3 days. Felt fine since, it’s now 7 days since treatment and no blood or anything yet. I’m sure I have it all to come ??‍♀️ But it seems to be going well so far.

xx

Hi

Yes I am, thank you. Swelling went down after 2 to 3 days. Felt fine since, it’s now 7 days since treatment and no blood or anything yet. I’m sure I have it all to come ??‍♀️ But it seems to be going well so far.

xx