Post Colposcopy/Biopsy Results

Hi everyone,

I had my second routine smear test in march 2016 which came back as severe abnormalities (high grade) and I was booked in for a Colposcopy at the hospital. The appointment letter also said that I was likely to need treatment. I did try to rearrange the apt as my husband is in the Army and was away at the time, however, the hospital said I needed to be seen by a certain time (within 2 weeks) so I kept the appt.

I had my Colposcopy done the first week in May and the nurse talked me through my smear results. She said the abnormality that I had was the cells were growing too quickly. (I don’t know how serious that it) but as predicted I had to have LLTEZ treatment there and then.

It wasn’t too bad, a little uncomfortable but it was over and done with after 15 minutes. I also had a biopsy taken.

I have been waiting 12 days now for the biopsy results and I am worrying myself silly. It seems to have been very rushed since having the results of my smear and I’m naturally thinking the worst.

I also have experienced abnormal bleeding and cramping mid cycle over the last few months which I mentioned to the nurse before she did the smear in march.

Can anyone shed a little light on how long I may be waiting on the results or if anyone has had the same experience as me? I have read so much online about what I have had done and it nearly always leads to a cancer diagnosis.

Thanks for reading xxxxx

Hi, hun.

I was also seen very quickly and now I am waiting for an appointment with the consultant for further treatment. 

I think it really does depend on different areas on how quick the results come back mine was within 3 weeks confirming I had cin2&3 plus cgin. I was also unsure of what everything meant.

i rang up the clinic and spoke to a nurse who explained everything as when I was having the LLETZ done I did not ask any questions, I also recommend phoning if you have unanswered questions as they totally understand how we are feeling. 

I also suggest you stay  away from google as i also convinced myself if the worst possible outcome, however there is lots of great support on this site.

big hug X 

Sunflowerkerry thank you for your reply, sorry your going through it too.  I've mainly found this website to be the most helpful, it's nice to speak to ladies in similar situations, although not having to go through it at all would be better Lol

Thats a good idea, I may ring the clinic for some more info. It's the waiting around and wondering which is the worst bit about it all...your results that you've had, is that from having a biopsy done? 

its good that you didn't have to wait too long, I hope the treatment you have goes well Hun. 

Hopefully we'll be past all this soon xx