Post Colposcopy & Biopsy appointment but no results received

Hi all,

I am 25 and had my first ever smear in Dec 2017 which came back with borderline abnormal cells and positive HPV.

I went for a Colposcopy on Jan 29th and they took punch biopsies. They told me it would take up to 4 weeks to receive results via post. 

Today, I received a text message detailing an appoinment at the same hospital for in 2 weeks time, no information as to what the appointment is for and I have had no results in the post as told I would. I have called and called but no answer and am starting to panic. 

Has anyone had this before? I'm assuming if it was really serious they would have called me with the results right? I need to know what I am going in for so I know how to prepare, what to bring etc. Plus it will put my mind at rest.

Worried!

Meg

Hi Meg,

I've heard of hospitals just scheduling people for LLETZ this way, so I wouldn't worry too much. However, you definitely have a right to know what's happening so you can mentally prepare. 

I'd advise that instead of calling the department directly, you try the hospital's appointments number. They can access information about when appointments are and what they are for.

Good luck, lovely. And let us know how you get on!

Jessica

Hey hun they did tgis with me, its because I needed to go and have lletz and get cells removed.

This could be what you are getting called in for. I however had a letter saying they confirmed CIN3 and no evidence of cancer.

It was then 8 weeks after I had the lletz I had to go back (unfortunately for me the lletz I then had picked cc up)

Try not to worry its very routine x

Thanks both,

My letter came this morning, they have found CIN3 and have scheduled me in for LLETZ. I'm not concerned about the procedure itself, it was the not knowing and waiting for results that was worst. 

Feeling positive now and hoping that the LLETZ will remove all the dodgy cells and then I can get on with my life! If not, I'll face the next challenge...it's been a tough 6 weeks from my first abnormal smear letter, colposcopy with biopsies up until now. But at least I know what I'm facing now! 

Fingers crossed for a successful LLETZ procedure.

Meg xx