Follow up appointment from colposcopy

Hi ladies,
Thanks for all your continuous support to other women on this forum, it is so reassuring and lovely to see womens supporting owner women :heart:
I went for my colposcopy 7 weeks ago after being told I had high grade hpv with moderate changes to cells and the doctor at the colposcopy said they didn’t think it was high grade and it looked ok.
I rang today to chase my results after 7 weeks and they have said a letter was sent with the results and I am due to come back in in 3 weeks for appointment. I haven’t received the letter yet and am away tomorrow for the weekend. I don’t want to be stressing all weekend about this but I won’t get the letter until I’m back. I wondered if anyone has had the experience of being asked to come back for the appointment after the colposcopy? Is it likely to be for the LLETZ? I guess it is unlikely they would ask me to come back in if there was not treatment needed?
Any advice would be great as I guess your brain goes to the worst place.
Thanks in advance xxx

hi @RebeccaF

it does indicate that you have been called in to have a LLETZ treatment, its likely the punch biopsies have confirmed CIN2 and they have decided to treat it rather than taking the “watch & wait” approach

if they suspected anything more than CIN, you would be called in to discuss things usually the next day or next working day if its a friday, they wouldnt wait 3 weeks to treat it xx

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your response. I think it is likely too that I’m going to have the LLETZ treatment, which is ok- I’ve read quite a lot about it and I know that it is uncomfortable but I know I can get through that. I guess when you hear you have to go back for another appointment but not sure of results yet- I was catastrophising and thinking they might want to tell me that they have found cancer but you’re right, they probably wouldn’t leave it 3 weeks. Thank you, honestly the women on here are great. Hope you’re ok xxx