Pain & sickness after colposcopy!

Hi everyone,

I had my colposcopy early Friday morning due to borderline cell changes & hpv.
I didn’t experience any pain throughout just a little uncomfortable… even when the 2 biopsies were taken I had no pain afterward or the following 2 days.
However today I have been sent home from work due to being sick & severe lower abdominal & back pain.
I’ve got an appointment with my GP this evening but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or something similar.
Im trying my best to be positive but Im so frustrated I have to wait 3 weeks for the results & then possibly have to have treatment.

Thank you

Have you got a temperature or feel feverish? It could be an infection and if it is you'll need antibiotics pretty quickly. You're GP will be able to let you know later but I would go sooner if you feel worse. Hugs x

Hi, I had a similar reaction but it was four days for me. Do check it out at the doctors if your worried, I was absolutely fine, no temperature, so just stayed off my feet, no heavy lifting etc for a few days. It's been nearly 4 weeks and I'm still experiencing some pain and sickness. Just keep an eye on your temperature and rest as much as you can. Xx hope this helps xx

Hi ladies, 

Did you ever find out what was wrong? I am experiencing something very similar and am trying to find answers. 

Hi ladies, 

Did you ever find out what was wrong? I am experiencing something very similar and am trying to find answers.