One year on...

Realised earlier that today is a year since diagnosis, though we’d pretty much known for a week or so. Had my surgery 4 weeks later. All well now, apart from usual aches and pains, but it’s left me feeling a bit odd. Do you ever completely move on from it?

Well congrats on being all well now.

I don't know your story, but no doubt you are on some kind of schedule of checks to keep an eye on you after your treatment. If so, this is the part that I to wonder if you ever really move on from.

I am so grateful to be where I am right now, so so grateful and yet the worry of this is still with me. I am dreading my first check up and it's not until December. My husband and kids have already celebrated the all clear and don't think about it. I, on the other hand, feel in limbo. I'm scared to death of every little twinge or health issue and am convinced something else could be kicking off. I had no warning of this, so why not?

Perhaps time makes this easier. My diagnosis also came at a time of enormous stress in other areas of my life which perhaps is making it harder. I have booked a session with a therapist to talk all this through with so maybe that will help.

There's some really good posts on here from women in this position which have helped me too, if you're browsing.

Hi Teresa, 

I should update my profile to share my story, don't come on here much any more. I've had 3 checks since radical hysterectomy last July. Initially 3 monthly, then consultant said it would be 6 monthly but was actually 4, and next one in 4 too. 

I still get the twinges and what ifs, think that is par for the course. I did a stress management course and counselling through a cancer support centre which helped massively.

Hope you find your peaceful place and continue to recover well xx

Hi Blackberry and Teresa :-)

I think that some women are able to move on as though nothing ever happened, though not all. I think it was after about two, two-and-a-half years I began to live with less fear. I don't imagine a recurrence at all now, at almost five years. I am actually rather glad that I have not 'completely moved from it' because I think that it has made me a better, more rounded person.

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

I'm pretty glad you've not completely moved on tivoli, as I'm sure are most of the women on this forum.

You have been a wonderful support and advisor to me, along with others on here and I don't think I could thank you enough.

You have inspired me to come on every day to see if there is anyone that I could possibly give the same support to x 

Thanks once again to you and all the other wonderful ladies on here x 

Aww shucks :-) Thank you Philleepa :-) I'm so glad you come here every day too. The support you give is so good :-) Many days I feel quite redundant.

xxxxx
Tivoli

I'm going to second Philleepa's post! It was a life-saver for me when I found this forum and all the support it offers. Tiv's supportive comments are the backbone of this forum and set the tone for helpful advice and encouragement. She certainly inspired me to give back and try to support the newbies. 

Never feel redundant Tiv. Your kind words help so many people during their darkest hours. 

Sorry about your kitty. 

Good luck to Mr.Tivoli with his treatments. He'll do just great with you in his corner.

t x

hi never really posted on her yet 9 weeks yest was diagnosed with cc stage 1b1 had radical hysterectomy 3 weeks tomor had My app yest and was told all clear no spread lymp nodes pelvic were all clear best news ever , but am stunned it's like 9 weeks of a rollercoaster and I've just got of and am full of emotions 

Hi Shelley :-)

Rollercoaster indeed! You will certainly be very full of emotions right now and this is the best place to spend your time while you settle down again. For the last nine weeks everything has been going at lightning speed and your emotions haven't had a chance to catch up with you. You will find that for the next little while you are very likely to be extremely emotional so try not to worry that there is anything wrong with this, it is totally normal :-)
Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Cheers Teresa :-)

Aren't you such a poppet :-) Thanks for the sympathy, I couldn't believe how upset I was about the cat. Hospital rang today and the husband starts treatment on Monday so should all be done and dusted by mid August, just in time for the big festival :-)

xxxxx
Tivoli