One year on from diagnosis

Hello everyone :slight_smile:
Today marks a year since the appointment where I was told I had cancer, though since I waited until January for my operation, I’m not quite a year post op yet!
I’ve felt a range of emotions today, and it prompted me to come back on the forum, as I have been less active on it recently. I was reading through my posts, and remembering those first few hours, days and weeks of panic and anxiety and also reading all the reassuring and informative comments made by all the wonderful strong women in this forum and I just wanted to say a big thank you to you all and to Jo’s too as this forum was an absolute lifeline to me at a time where my nearest and dearest wanted to help and support me but I really needed to connect with others who were having or had had similar experiences to me.
I have decided that every year on the 25th November I will make a donation to Jo’s as I owe a debt of gratitude to all the forum members who answered my worried questions and to the wonderful Jo’s team who provide us with advice and information online.
Take care everyone, wherever you may be on this rollercoaster of a cancer journey. Stay strong and in the words of a very wise and wonderful member of this forum, be lucky!
x

Hi Muskie :-)

Can I say 'Happy Anniversary'? I bet it's been a bit tearful hasn't it. (((((HUGS))))) I did a 5-year re-visit of my diagnosis a couple of weeks ago, got awfully weepy.

Just sending you all the best and hoping everything stays good for you ;-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

That's a lovely post...

I can't think who you are talking about when you say 'be lucky' ;) 

Tivoli...5 years....you go girl ...oh and 'be lucky! 

What a lovely post Muskrat. 

It does some good for the soul, reading and reflecting back on one's journey through the posts. I've done it once and it brought tears to my eyes and my heart. 

It's nice to have you touch base again. See you around the forum. Lots of love. 

rosie xx

Thanks so much J :-)

I think I have been extremely lucky and sometimes I'm not sure if it's in good taste to sign off that way in cases where women are plainly very unlucky indeed. I need a new phrase for special occasions, what do you think?

(((((HUGS)))))

xxxxx
Tivoli